SAU Community

R34gtr Vspec From Malaysia

Yeah when I first told my Dad who lives in M'sia that I bought my Skyline (34GTT) he thought i'd struck it rich!! He said there was one in the yard in KK for RM$1XX,XXX! :)

Hey Nismo

I had the same experience as you, but when i told them that a Honda Accord & Camry cost almost the same they then realise that it the look of the 34 GTT makes it look so expensive.

Anyway the GTT is a great car and of course someday i hope to get the GTR when the price is right. Still waiting for the 2007 GTR to launch then we know what the current 34 price will be. Now is best to just mod the GTT to my satisfaction...Cheers bro!

:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah when I first told my Dad who lives in M'sia that I bought my Skyline (34GTT) he thought i'd struck it rich!! He said there was one in the yard in KK for RM$1XX,XXX! :)

Hey Nismo

I had the same experience as you, but when i told them that a Honda Accord & Camry cost almost the same they then realise that it the look of the 34 GTT makes it look so expensive.

Anyway the GTT is a great car and of course someday i hope to get the GTR when the price is right. Still waiting for the 2007 GTR to launch then we know what the current 34 price will be. Now is best to just mod the GTT to my satisfaction...Cheers bro!

:)

I'm from Kuching and yeap I have seen that car in flesh. It's about 30,000kms but the asking price was about $105,000 AuD. Cars there are much more expensive than in Australia. That car is now sold as far as I know. And in Kuching, in my memory there is only about 3 or 4 on the road. If u wanna try to find a dyno machine better send ur car to KL or maybe Brunei because there is none in Kuching.

I'd love to setup a Dyno in Kuching but theres noway of recovering the costs of the dyno but then had the idea of Miri because i think i could get work from Brunei.People in Sarawak would not want to pay over 1000rm for a tune but the costs would have to be that high to cover the cost of the Dyno.

Hello Tan Sri Drift... good to see you somewhere out of ZTH.. hehe.. Hey, there's 3 cheap R34GTRs on ZTH for sale.. dont know about it tho, sounds kinda dodgy with the customs issue and all..

Guys: sorry havent been posting here lately, been spending some time with the family back home..

Slippery: Jaffri's advice is spot on, but also if you're in the Sunway area, you might want to check out places like Links, N1, Wangan & Quatermile to name a few. Quatermile has sort of a joint-venture with Autoselect Japan for tuning & Autoselect parts, and Wangan has good contacts for Tomei parts & TopSecret Carbon Fibre bits.. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, havent been around much lately. Just got my turbo's delivered prior to the tomei stroker kit. Now its delayed till mid next month.. :wave:

But as they say, patience makes the heart grow fonder.

Some pics on the turbos on my blog if any of u wanna have a look-see.

Cheers.

I think tis is malaysian thread. im from penang and im still in penang will going back to melbourne in june or july. in my mind i havent seen any 32 or r33 gtr yet in penang. but i have seen cefiro with r32 gtr front end and rear end before.

i didnt see any skylines in penang when i was there a month ago

as far as decent cars are concerned, there was an evo 9, 300zx and 350z....i was quite disappointed really.

i didnt see any skylines in penang when i was there a month ago

as far as decent cars are concerned, there was an evo 9, 300zx and 350z....i was quite disappointed really.

there is couple 33 and 34 in penang. but u cant c them much. lots of evo in penang which i dont really like evo. also lots of evo engine inside the local prton wira.

Yeah, there are lots of Evo wannabes around... my 34 GTR has been in Penang for a while as my parents live there, but Penang has horrible roads. Havent seen a 33 or 32, but a few 34 GTTs...

Im still in the US, and some parts from Tomei have finally arrived. Pics at this link.

ofloveandcarbonfibre.blogspot.com

How I wish I was there to be able to feel and caress all the shiny bits! :) Good thing the missus is around to do so for me and take the pics.

Major work will start in about 2 weeks when the counter crankshaft arrives.

i havent been back to malaysia for ages..last time was about 5 yrs ago and no skylines that i can remeber

here are some recent pics i found off another forum...as u can see the jdm trend is pretty big there

post-19216-1175432035.jpg

post-19216-1175432092.jpg

post-19216-1175432175.jpg

post-19216-1175432294.jpg

post-19216-1175432378.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
i havent been back to malaysia for ages..last time was about 5 yrs ago and no skylines that i can remeber

here are some recent pics i found off another forum...as u can see the jdm trend is pretty big there

Hello Skyline17, those pictures were actually all taken in Sunway, PJ, in front of Links and Quatermile.. Advertised in one of the car windows, Mr Kee is the owner of Links & the Black R34GTR with the Veilside bodykitt belongs to a friend.. previously studying in Perth.

• 11 years later...