SAU Community

brakes

Nozila

What to know what brakes you guys/gals are using, im asking this b/c i need to get my brake pads changed. Been reading up on some topic concerning brakes on this forum and it is suggested that a majority uses bendix ultimates. Well, today I went to bridgestones and asked about skyline brake pads, turns out that they are hard to source, dont ask me why. Anyways, guy told me to go down to something brakes at keswick.

To cut a long story short, Ive got a choice between bendix ultimates and a brand called lucas. What i want to know is that who here is using lucas and who is using ultimates, btw brakes guy said that ultimates only came in the front and not the back. Also, diiference in price is quite large with lcaus half the price of ultimates, which comes in both front and back.

Suggestions and advice needed, thanks.

Do a search on the net for a place called Race Brakes, they are in NSW i think. They have make all different pads to suit your car. Ultimates are OK, and would be a minimum quality but the ones I have are better, last longer and dont produce hardly any brake dust unlike ulitmates where you need to clean your wheels every week.

Skyline pads arnt hard to source, they are the same as a number of locally delivered models, you just cant get the cheap crap for them which you dont want anyway.

man he is BSing u!!! the r33 brakes are the same as the r32gtr brakes ... i know cause i did this a couple of months ago .. i'm using ultimates too ... my stock mags are always dirty and ugly ... try to go green stuff if u can get it ... i run ultimates at the front and cheaper bendix at the back ... try to do it urself its pretty easy i heard cause i didn't do it myself LOL ahah ... anyways my cousin can help u out if u need help .. green stuff is about 180 i think for the front ... thats from autobarn ...

what about lucas, anyone heard them/used them before?

$180 is quite expensive for front simply b/c i dont have that much money to spend, considering that its only half the component required too. :shake: just though ill like to add it, :alien:

hey rob. saw you and your car on marion rd some time ago, nice shiny silver teeths. :P what brand are those race brakes of yours. in regards to dirty, i really dont mind dust unless in future it causes problems to the brakes and its associated parts. :alien: this green stuff, are there rear pads for them.

Rob, my pads only make a small noise every now and then, do your disks need maching as this may make then squeel.

Ultimates are a pain if you like to keep your car looking ok, your wheels will be black in 2 weeks, i have heard som good and bad thing about green stuff, they are more expensive than the race brakes stuff as well.

Ive been using the new bendix advance they dont have the dust of the ultimates and they take all the punishment I can dish out to them.

where may i ask did you get these advance from, from what ive saw from a bendix brochure is that there is only ultimates and another called metal.

Give Grant a call at Jap import dismantellers. 82660212. He has them on his 32 aswell and has not probs. I think they are bout $80

rob,

im assuming your pads are the rb74 hp models. where did you get your race brakes from as there contact details does not show a supplier in adelaide. also, how much did both the front and rears cost.

I run EBC Greens on the front (~$200+) & EBC Kevlars on the rear (~$90). Autobarn stock EBC. You can't actually get a Greenstuff rear pad for the R33/R32 range. I'm guessing R34 would be the same?

Combined with RBF600 Motul fluid they are bloody excellent in spirited road use. They produce some dust (very minimal), but they do squeal a tad, what decent performance pad doesn't? The EBC site claims 'zero squeal', most of the time they don't.

Read here - www.ebcbrakes.com.au

Greenstuff - http://www.ebcbrakes.com.au/green.htm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So yes what was the vedict here?? I wanna get some semi serious pads for da DR and i was thinking of just getting EBC red stuff and seeing how they go (im quite rough on brakes)...

Ive had my brakes in for about a month now [bendix advance on both front and rears]. i purchased these as its cheap [pro] compared to ebc which i dont have money if i wanted anyways. my car doesnt have that much power atm so no need for ebc - its stock, any1 know there rwkw?. There seems to be little to no dust brakes that i have noticed therefore no need to clean mags that often. Its very responsive so braking is good and instant.

It does however squeel awfully in the mornings [con] - i assume because its very cold, but when warmed like other brake pads the squeel goes away slighly. What i found interesting however it that with my previous pads it didnt squeel no matter if it was very cold/cold or hot.

But what is the perfomance of the pads like?? I can handle a bit of squeeling etc and a bit of dust really doesn't worry me im more interested in how long they take to fade etc etc.... I get my car back soon and i need a decent set so i can throw these one's in the bin....I was thinking bout endless or EBC redstuff....

im gettin bendix ultimate put on right now first change i have done since i bought my car and getting the disc machined as they were pretty bad apparently, but everyone i called locally advised me to use them for everyday and can be used for track once in a while if i ever intend to go track racing which i doubt they were $89 a pair on special from www.justjap.com