SAU Community

200sx S15 Bilstein, Whiteline, Eibach & Noltec Suspension

Sydneykid

I have just finished the engineering for Jamex on the 200SX S15 Bilstein and Whiteline Suspension kits. These have been extensively road and track tested over the last 4 months in three S15’s. Similar to what I did for R32/33/34’s, they will be offered on a Group Buy from Jamex for 15% to 20% less than the recommended retail prices, plus freight will be free for all orders over $500, plus there will be an additional discount of 5% for orders over $1,000.

The Group Buy kit was engineered (by me) to give a sporty, but not harsh ride, for the street and at the same time suite the sort of things that S15’s owners use their cars for (road, drag and circuit). It’s a great all round kit judging by the comments back from the people that have tried it.

Due to the strut based front end there will be a basic kit with Whiteline coil springs. Plus a full height adjustable coil over kit utilising Eibach (the best) coil springs with Noltec adjustable strut tops as an option. Extensive engineering has been carried out on a full replacement coil over front strut which features a unique Bilstein shock absorber. Plus it allows greater scope for camber adjustment combined with the use of wide wheels and tyres.

Front Bilstein inserts and rear shocks

gallery_1903_124_13373.jpg

med_gallery_1903_124_69113.jpg

Front fabricated strut with the Bilstein insert

med_gallery_1903_124_60976.jpg

Rear Bilstein shock with Whiteline spring

tn_Rear_Spring_on_Bottom_Seat.jpg

Picture of Bilstein/Eibach rear coil over spring/shock unit

med_gallery_1903_124_108716.jpg

Picture of the Noltec adjustable strut top

med_gallery_1903_124_50714.jpg

Rear Camber Kit

KCA347.jpg

Front Caster Kit

KCA332.jpg

In all cases the Bilstein damper valving has been selected (by me) to suite the spring and stabiliser bar rates used. I have spent some time engineering in an additional 20 mm (23 mm at the wheel) front suspension travel to avoid one of the major limitations of the packaging in an S15. This means I could use a lower spring rate for better handling and ride and, at the same time avoid the bottoming out issues that frequent lowered S15's The Bisltein front struts incorporate an internal bump stop which has been rated and sized to suite the rest of the kit. For better control of dynamic camber and caster, the Bilstein front inserts feature the inverted layout which results in far stronger resistence to the bending forces that struts have to endure.

The rear Bilsteins are of course full shock replacements and the Whiteline Bump Stop & Dust Cover kit has suggested trimming heights as follows;

med_gallery_1903_124_10902.jpg

There is a full set of suggested alignment settings (including ride heights) for both road and track use, which are designed to optimise the handling and avoid excessive tyre wear.

Table of alignment settings

Recommended Road Settings

Front

Caster = 7 degrees positive (slightly more on the LHS to counter the drift to the gutter)

Camber = 1.25 to 1.5 degrees negative

Toe = Zero

Rear

Camber = 0.75 to 1.25 degrees negative

Toe = In 2 mm each side

Recommended Circuit (grip) Settings

Front

Caster = 8 to 9 degrees positive

Camber = 2.5 to 4.0 degrees negative

Toe = Zero

Rear

Camber = 1.25 to 2.0 degrees negative

Toe = Zero

Recommended Drift Settings

Front

Caster = 8 to 9 degrees positive

Camber = 2.5 to 4.0 degrees negative

Toe = Zero to 1 mm toe out each side

Rear

Camber = 0.75 to 1.0 degrees negative

Toe = Out 2 mm each side

Recommended Drag Settings

Front

Caster = 7 degrees positive

Camber = 1.25 to 1.5 degrees negative

Toe = Zero

Rear

Camber = 0.25 positive to zero degrees (never negative)

Toe = Zero

Price Lists

The Road Kit is designed for daily sporty driving and is suitable for occasional circuit, drag and drift work. Although an upgrade to adjustable stabiliser bars would be recommended for those willing to tune the handling for their personal preferences.

gallery_1903_124_36375.jpg

The price lists reflect a saving for SAU Group Buyers of $678 (around 25%) over normal retail prices.

The Road & Track Kit is suitable for road driving, to and from the track and other weekend work. Several of the guys during the testing have commented that they could easily live with the Competition Kit as a daily driver. The stabiliser bars are, of course, adjustable, plus the springs and damper rates are not in any way excessive. The recommended alignment settings are a bt extreme for daily driving and would result in excessive tyre wear if large numbers of kilometres are driven. The Road & Track Kit is priced the same for Drag, Circuit (grip) and Drift users. The spring, shock and stabiliser bar rates being the difference. So please specify your usage patterns when ordering.

gallery_1903_124_62350.jpg

The price lists reflect a saving for SAU Group Buyers of $1,215 (around 25%) over normal retail prices.

Availability

Springs are usually in stock at Whiteline and Eibach

Bilstein takes 1-2 working days to fit the inserts

Bushes are usually in stock at Whiteline

Stabiliser bars take 4-5 working days to make as Whiteline do not keep stock

Delivery is via Toll priority and usually takes 1-2 working days to anywhere in Australia.

Recommended Fitting Workshops

Heasmans Sydenham NSW

East Coast Suspension Kirrawee NSW

St George Steering Punchbowl NSW

Exceller Steering Bankstown NSW

Centeline Thomastown Vic

Traction Tyre & Suspension Rowville Vic

Manta Racing Services SA

Discount Tyres Service Belconnen Act

Motsons Qld

Wilkinson Suspension WA

As per the Skyines Group Buy, you can choose individual parts or groups of parts, just keep in mind the free freight for orders over $500 and the extra 5% discount for orders over $1,000.

Any questions? Send me a PM or post it here.

:yes: cheers :rolleyes:

PS; The S14 Group buy kits are now open, for S13 (CA & SR) owners, their kits are currently being engineered and will be released shortly

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah damn SK. I wish I knew you were going to develop something for the Silvia chassis! Bah splurged a heap of cash on some Zeal coilovers only a few months ago (mainly to address the issue of lack of front suspension travel). What spring rates have you decided to go with?

PS If you have this going on ns.com it would be hot cakes... if you need assistance I'll be happy to as I am a sponsor mod.

I too am interested in this setup, as I'd rather a well setup coil and shock than all the fancy height/damper/rebound/kite flying stuff that some other designs have. I'll only want to set the height once, then leave it at that.

I've got this thread to remind me when someone replies so I can monitor it, I look forward to seeing prices etc for the S14's!!

Cheers,

Theo

Dude just in time was about to order some HKS Performers! How do you think ur package will compare with these (6/4 rates) on a hard driven street car with an occasional track day?

Based on the results of the guys currently using it, the kit will piss all over any Jap suspension. Road or track. Ask around and you will find that I don't exagerate.

:( cheers :laugh:

Yes, there will be a kit specifically engineered for drift. It will feature larger adjustable stabilsier bars, which means you won't have to put up with excessive oversteer when not drifting.

Yes, there will be specific recommended drfit alignment settings.

:) cheers :(

Yes, there will be a kit specifically engineered for drift. It will feature larger adjustable stabilsier bars, which means you won't have to put up with excessive oversteer when not drifting.

Yes, there will be specific recommended drfit alignment settings.

:happy: cheers :D

i already got a set of adjustable swaybars, but id defenitly be keen on a set of shocks/springs for a s13, the sooner the better as my shagged coilovers are in desperate need of replacment.