200sx S15 Bilstein, Whiteline, Eibach & Noltec Suspension

Sydneykid

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey SK, I didn't want to flood your inbox, so i thought i'd post here.

What's the latest between the whiteline merger?

Been waiting for months as alot of other people and still keen.

Quite a few kits have been supplied, there is stock of all parts, except stabiliser bars which take 4 working days to make. Of course the stock moves every day, but no long delays that I can forsee.

:D cheers :D

very interested....

do these come with a warrnty if so how long and whats the procedure?

say when the time comes to get new shocks can our local bilstein supplier refit new shocks at the right valve rates or do we need to send it back to u etc?

finally is there sitll a bottle neck with whiteline or has that all been sorted out?

-Peak

SK can you please provide some answers, i am extremely intrested in getting a set for my s15.

whats the final eta for the full coilover to be made and delivered, are you using bilstien or eibach helper springs? evade i think got bilstein ones...?

Edited by morph.

SK can you please provide some answers, i am extremely intrested in getting a set for my s15.

whats the final eta for the full coilover to be made and delivered, are you using bilstien or eibach helper springs? evade i think got bilstein ones...?

Delivery took approx 1 week for my road kit. absolutely no dramas at all...

If you go for the road kit, you get whiteline springs to go with the bilstein shocks, if you go for the road/track kit the coilovers come equiped with eibach springs

Edited by Puku

QUOTE(morph. @ 2 Jun 2007, 03:25 PM)

very interested....

1. do these come with a warrnty if so how long and whats the procedure?

2. say when the time comes to get new shocks can our local bilstein supplier refit new shocks at the right valve rates or do we need to send it back to u etc?

3. finally is there sitll a bottle neck with whiteline or has that all been sorted out?

-Peak

4. whats the final eta for the full coilover to be made and delivered

5. are you using bilstien or eibach helper springs?

6. evade i think got bilstein ones...?

Suggestions to the questions as follows;

1. Each of the items comes with the manufacturer's normal warranty. Refer to the Whiteline, Redranger and Bilstein web sites for further info.

So far over 100 kits delivered and not one warranty claim.

2. Bilsteins are serviceable, by any Bilstein agent, the valving is clearly marked, so easy to duplicate.

But are you seriously going to keep your car for 100,000 k's, because that's about how long the Bilsteins will last before they require servicing.

3. Delivery is OK out of Redranger now, some items are a bit slower than they should be, but it's not terrible.

4. The stabiliser bars (at 4 days) are the longest, as we don't keep stock of the unique Group Buy bars. Plus a day or two for delivery via Toll, to most places, add a day for Tas and WA.

5. Eibach make coils for Bilstein, only the colour is different. If you have a colour preference (red or blue) I can accomodate that, I can even do purple if you want.

6. Yes, I think he did.

:) cheers :domokun:

Hi SK.

Is it possible to get Eibach Springs with the road kit? I enjoy the fact that they're a very consistent brand and would like to use them.

And does it cost extra to accomodate purple springs =P?

You also have another pm from me.

ta

Sorry, Eibach don't make Skyline coils. Don't be concerned with any perceived technical difference though, the Whiteline coils in the Group Buy are cold wound on a hydraulic winding machine, the same as Eibach.

No extra charge in the Road and Track kit for purple, in fact they are a little bit cheaper.

Sorry for the delay in responding to PM's, the S13/14/15 guys need lots of information and in each PM they have heaps of questions.

:( cheers :(

Hi guys,

You may have read that i have SK's complete 32 Bilstein kit to my car. It fantastic and i am very happy with it having driven it on the track as well.

I am about to buy a Liberty 2.5 litre turbo GTSpec B(Bilstein suspension) for my wife. I have test driven it and can honestly say that i was dissapointed with it's ride compared to the Skyline. Overall good, but not as compliant and a "jiggly" ride.

I feel i am in a good position to compare SK's S13 package when it's released as i will purchase the complete track kit. As a baseline, my times at QR are below.

Current set-up

HKS Hypermax2 7kg with front camber tops 5kg rears

Tune agent castor arms

Rear tune agent camber, toe and thrust arms

Whiteline adjustable sway bars

Rear alighment kit

I am not a great driver but am learning. SK will say that the rear is too stiff, so ii purchased a set of 4kg springs for the rear to help offset the oversteer. I have not fitted these yet as i wanted to get a baseline for comparison. The car is difficult to drive on the limit as the Dunlop Direzza's DZ02 don't provide the feedback the DJ01's did. I had to go up from 16 inch to 17 inch to fit over my front calipers- the reason for the change in tyre.

Current settings

L R

Castor 7.1 7.1

Camber -3.2 -3.0 (wasn't enough on front left- need at least 4.0)

toe 0 0

Swaybar Softest setting

Rear

toe +1mm +1mm

Camber -1.0 -1.0 (need probably -1.5 left rear)

Swaybar Middle setting

Hope this will be of some benefit. I'll post the differences once the package is on the car and track day completed.

Of note is the 32 suspension package is much nicer and easier to drive than the current S13 set up

Edited by Simonster

Just installed them.

Is 20mm of suspension travel at the rear about right? Hub centre to guard at 340mm.

med_gallery_1903_124_10902.jpg

Ride height is around 30 mm lower than standard. You can get another 15 mm with the low profile front strut top. Then use the extra circlip grooves on the rear Bilsteins to lower the rear a similar amount. That's about as low as you want to go for good handling and ride comfort.

Initially, I thought it's a fully height adjustable coilover, as such should be able to go as low as 330mm, which I assumed from looking at the bumpstop trimming suggestion and the "30mm lower than standard" post.

So I installed the coilovers at Centreline with a height setting of 340mm at the rear an 330mm in front. Then I encountered bottoming out issues occasionally and a metal to metal hitting noise once in awhile. So I pmed SK and this he mentioned that:

330 mm is way too low at the front, we never go below 360 mm. Get Chris to show you the lower control arm angles and explain the dynamic camber change problem and the bump steer that occurs at anything lower than 360 mm.

340 mm is way too low at the rear, we never go below 350 mm. So also get Chris to show you the upper and lower control arm angles and explain the dynamic camber change problem and the bump steer that occurs at anything lower than 350 mm. Also take a look at the drive shaft angles which are costing you horsepower due to the extreme CV angles at that height.

The metal to metal is possibly the lower control arm hitting the subframe, get Chris to check it for you.

None of the above has anything to do with springs and shocks, you simply are at a height which is way below the limit of the suspension geometry of an S15.

Look at the bumpstop trimming pic, does the standard->350mm look like a 30mm difference?

Anyway, on my stock setup, my hub centre to guard height is 350mm on my 17" aftermarket rims. And yes, I'm surprised that the coilovers aren't designed to go lower.

Just a note for people since the suggested ride height hasn't really been mentioned before.