SAU Community

Fuel Cut At 4000rpm

NicsR33

hey, can anyone help out basically i got a Bosch 023 and a set of splitfire coils installed yesterday and on around 14psi it feels like the car loses all fuel and just comes to an almight halt but this is only when im giving it some which leads me to believe the stock ecu is limiting the fuel. is this true? i dropped it back down to around 9psi and its only happening at the higher end.

can anyone share some light on this situation? also if the car needs a tune would a safc solve this problem?

sorry if i sound stoopid and habibish i dont mean too but i seriously have no clue what it could be :S

:yes:

Sounds like rich & retard if you've backed off the boost and its pretty much ok.

Do a search with: +rich +retard

It will answer all your questions, and cover all the other possibilities.

Oh, and i wouldnt be running 14psi through the stock turbo for too long either.

oh ok. kool that sounds alrite, so a tune will have it in order.what is causing it thou is it the stock ecu cutting the fuel like i thought? the sudden jolt is strong enough to throw me out the front window if dont hvae my seatbelt buckled.

its just one thing after another with these cars, all good fun thou.

Edited by NicsR33

oh ok. kool that sounds alrite, so a tune will have it in order.what is causing it thou is it the stock ecu cutting the fuel like i thought? the sudden jolt is strong enough to throw me out the front window if dont hvae my seatbelt buckled.

its just one thing after another with these cars, all good fun thou.

can't tune a factory ecu amte. Need a powerfc or something tunable.

14psi wil kill a stock turbo, intercooler no good for over 10psi, and fuel pump needs to be changed.

Anything 12psi and over = rich and retard... You'll lose about 40rwkw like this.

A mates R33 had the same issue some years ago.

He had boost pushed up to 14psi and on the dyno it was fuel cutting. i.e simply cutting all power as in nothing, zilch acceleration.

The same as the R32 GTST's do at around 16-17psi. Well mine used to.

cheers for the reply. when i meant ill get the car tuned i meant with a PwrFC i was just checking out different options.

the sparks are new, they are the NGK Iridium or something i think they come pre-gapped at .8mm. fuel filter and pump are both new all this was done only 500km ago (got the major 100k service done early). i got a feeling its just a tune cause im getting shit house economy with the car too so yeh might just be that.