SAU Community

2007 Intermarque Challenge

Whiplash

In 07 the Intermarque Challenge will be returning to the track.

The guys behind the series are a group of Drivers and Teams that aren't happy with the current GT championship and the incredibly restricted eligibility list. The current list that i have of eligable cars includes

"Ferrari 355,360C,360GT,550, maybe F40 , F50- yes really, Cobra V8 replicas of numerous varieties, Vipers,Porsche Cup,R,RS,RSR, 996GT2R,993 GT2, 993 RS, GT3,GT2, and more .Hopefully things like Ultima,Corvette, Maseratii ,Lotus,MazdaRX7,MX5,Nissan GTR,MitsubishiGT,Monaro"

the calander

> > Round 1 February 24/25 Wakefield Park NSW

> > Round 2 March 24/25 Calder VIC

> > Round 3 April 28/29 Winton VIC

> > Round 4 June 16/17 Queensland R/way QLD ( 1 Hour)

> > Round 5 August 25/26 Winton VIC (1 Hour)

> > Round 6 October 27/28 Wakefield Park NSW (1 Hour)

There will be coverage of all rounds on SBS speed week.

If anyone is interested or know of anyone who may be please contact IM for any more info required

[email protected] <[email protected]>

and if you just enjoy watching expensive exotic machinery doing what it does best look out for the Intermarque challenge on speed week. At the moment i know of one R34 GTR that will be competing in the series.

http://www.intermarque.net///index.html

• 2 weeks later...

the sakers ran in the intermarque during 05 not sure which category they will be entered in this year. Going to be a good year when it kicks off in two weeks

have fun there gtstcruiser67, enjoy watching some boosted 911's running out there, Wayne Hennigs and John Goods 996 GT2R's are very nice :wave:

The Saker is running in the supersports category. The blue one is owned by the man who own two GTR's one of which he is planning to run in the 12hr.I will find out more on sunday.

I had 4 hotlaps in the blue saker at the Wakefield Motorsport Expo...unbelievable.

Yes the Ztune can run in intermarque and super tin tops

the sakers ran in the intermarque during 05 not sure which category they will be entered in this year. Going to be a good year when it kicks off in two weeks

have fun there gtstcruiser67, enjoy watching some boosted 911's running out there, Wayne Hennigs and John Goods 996 GT2R's are very nice :)

J Goods gearbox will have to hold together though...LOL

bit of a horrible start to the year with only 7 cars involved.

there are roughly 10 - 16 cars that aren't there this weekend due to Clipsal preparation and an endurance race at EC.

calder is expecting much higher grid sizes

• 1 month later...

ok the series is starting to slowly build up.

calder had some great racing that was shown on SBS last sunday a race long battle between a 993 GT2 and a Ac cobra kit car trading places 2 times a lap, made for some great viewing.

some more interesting cars are starting to appear out of the woodwork and Winton should see a GTR if not 2, as well as a F*&^ING GREAT car currently en route to Australia (not that i'm excited)

post-26183-1176287030.jpg

post-26183-1176287076.jpg

post-26183-1176287168.jpg

post-26183-1176287295.jpg

Edited by Whiplash

ok the series is starting to slowly build up.

calder had some great racing that was shown on SBS last sunday a race long battle between a 993 GT2 and a Ac cobra kit car trading places 2 times a lap, made for some great viewing.

some more interesting cars are starting to appear out of the woodwork and Winton should see a GTR if not 2, as well as a F*&^ING GREAT car currently en route to Australia (not that i'm excited)

Yep, was at this round at calder spectating, very exciting to watch, that orange cobra had some mumbo down the straight!!!!! But the Porsche had him in the corners, they changed positions 20 times in the ten lap race and the cobra won by a tenth of a second over the porsche after ten laps....

Yep, was at this round at calder spectating, very exciting to watch, that orange cobra had some mumbo down the straight!!!!! But the Porsche had him in the corners, they changed positions 20 times in the ten lap race and the cobra won by a tenth of a second over the porsche after ten laps....

The cobra is a Python built by George Vidovick, its been around awhile, was raced in margue sports with success. post-35252-1176330777.jpeg

Edited by garage5ran

he's the one racing this one.

Porsche competitor John Kaias is said to be looking at a GT3 spec Aston Martin. AFAIK no decision has been made yet and certainly nothing official. - ten tenths forum

we are waiting to get confirmation over this car it would be awesome to see out on the track here in Aust