SAU Community

What is this on rb20

just wondering when they had my car on the dyno they put there boost line into the back of my plenum(nearest to the firewall) but they just left it off they didnt T into it.where there is a vacumn line that looks like it goes to the fuel rail? could this be for fuel reg or something cause the car actually ran lean on the dyno, does any1 know where it goes?

yeah my boost guage is plubmed into the back aswell but theres a threaded type hole and just a little nipple type thing, where this goes down towards the fuel rail

oh and my dyno result was shit, first run toooo lean so i couldnt rev it past 4400 but it made 138rwkws,then the 2nd run it was toooo rich,so somthings farked

yeh my power output seems pretty poor for what i got on the car... my fuel pump died in the ass up high on boost, so in went a 550hp pump... then my injectors are at their "limit"... yet the power level is waaay down from what i've seen rb20dets run

THere is like a secondry fuel reg. This is what I was told by a mechanic who owns one and it looks damn like one to me. But it runs of that big pipe that comes of your inlet pipe into a t peice.

Guest Works Auto
Originally posted by Skyrine-Dave

my injectors must be piss poor.. cuz they are 'maxed' at around 154 or so rwkw

which doesnt seem right

Yeh HR31 injectors are like 200cc or something pathetic. Good thing is though gtr injectors will go straight in because there both low inpedence.

Also the vacuum line at the back of the manifold is for the rear fuel pressure regulator and could make it run lean if its not connected.. just tee it in somewhere.

ahhhh thank u very much "works auto" thats what i wanted to hear,sooo taking that off must have leaned it out up top, DAMN YOU!!!!! i knew it after the run i said would taking that pipe of and not teeing into it have anything to do with fuel reg, He said NAH!!. ill take it back and take a look with it, also u said GTR injectors go straight in? like they plug straight in do they? cause i can remap it myself to suit bigger injectors

i have an R32 RB20det... silver top so 270cc <- still piss poor

and rb20 injectors are top feed high impedence

the rb26 are top feed low impedence

i have an EMS so i can use anything thats top feed.

lowlux <-- you still go the NICS?