SAU Community

Paintwork: 3 choices

My bonet has etched mark on it, apparently was resprayed before I bought it. Also a few deep stone chips.

The body stripe also reveals that the left rear quarter panel may have been resprayed as well as the passenger doors.

Also a deep scratch 8cm long in the boot, not easy to touch up.

I also want to put in Type-M factory option front bumper + side skirts so it goes......

- $800 for fitting front bumper and side skirts and paint within this week...

- $1400 to repaint the bonnet + both front guards + extra $600 if I want the type-M bumper as well. Wait a month to get enough money for it.

- $3500 for full body respray. Wait 2 months to get enough money for it.

You guys reckon which one the best way to go ?

This quote is from a workshop I know that have high quality job. They did a panel respray on my previous car and I couldn't spot the repair, very professional. They are only 2 blocks away from where I live so that's a bonus point, I can just walk up there to pick up the car when it's finished.

If you know someone else in Melbourne who can do a top quality respray for much less than $3500, let me know. And I mean top quality, no dodgy cheap jobs.

hehehe...

who said my car is black????

my car is wine red, so even if I bought your bumper, I will need a $800 respray anyway.....

and I already have the bumper and side skirts already.

so I can't buy another one.

I will have a standard (non type M) bumper in burgundy for sale in a few weeks after I put on this type M bumper on.

well F#%k you for caring but i dont think it would cost to get a standard type m front bar sprayed and fitted for $600 if you bought my bar for $150 resprayed shouldnt cost you more than $100-$150 thats $300 but u know what you can get f%#cked cause i aint selling your poor arss nothing!

why get offensive? I wasn't being offensive to you...

now that you've asked for it, GET THE FU#$KIN OFF MY THREAD!!!!

hmmmm seems that I've got three votes for $3500 full professional respray.

maybe that's the way to go to ensure that the paints are all uniform throughout the whole body... rather than a patch here and there? beside that body stripe looks a bit like the 80s anyway.

I have been around a few spray paint joints here in adelaide and asked for a cheap blow over that looks good.. Basically nothing fancy just nice and clean looking.

oh that will be $5000... WTF i asked for a cheap job....

I have had 3 quotes and all have been 5grand...

bit of tension felt in this thread

ease up guys!

i think save ur money for the full job. $3500 is a good price.

other wise you will end up paying more in the long run when you want to get other parts painted too.

hm.... I didn't realise $3500 was indeed a good quote. I know the quality of the job done by these guys, so I suppose it's the way to go.

Just a suggestion. If you are about to fit a m-spec front bar to your car, do what i have done to mine (attachment below), so that is you decide to get a fmic in the future you will have full air flow to it.

Take it to a plastic welder (i took mine to a bumper repair shop, in Airport West) tell him to cut the middle bar off (the one that supports the number plate) and use the off cuts to seal the remaining cut outs.

just go the bar and skirts. think of what else you could do with the other 2k!

knowing my luck, if i got a respray some hater would key straight away.

go the mods! or put it towards insurance or something useful like that