SAU Community

S2 R33 Gtst Coupe Front Bar

Hey all,

I have a 97 R33 GTSt Coupe and recently had the front lip plastic welded up and resprayed due to the fact that is was f**ed when i got it (Cost me $400). Driving out of a driveway in a heavy rain storm, it tapped on the curb and disentegrated. Car is STD ride height and I'm not an idiot (most of the time).

I have looked around but haven't had much luck finding a company who can supply a well made good quality front bar or lip in Sydney. What do you guys use on your S2 GTST coupes? I dont want some piece of crap 3rd hand copy bar hanging off my car... Where can I go to get some quality?

hey chris i have the actual same problem and i am after a front lip for my 97 gtst as well.

so i will be interested in wat people ave to say as well. you posted up before i did on the sae topic.haha.

i am more nsw victoria border though,

Hi Cliff, I paid $400 for a plastic welder to weld it all up, but on light impact, it fell apart along the original cracks. It was a waste of money I would say. I am considering going a new front bar completely at the monent, but I want to get something that is half decent and wont fall apart. I am trying to work out whether I should get a new front bar, or just the lip.

Can people with S2 R33 gtst's post up what they have done in this situation?

Please help as I am getting sick of driving around a car that is constantly broken visually.

Edited by Chris_R33GTSt

Hi Cliff, I paid $400 for a plastic welder to weld it all up, but on light impact, it fell apart along the original cracks. It was a waste of money I would say. I am considering going a new front bar completely at the monent, but I want to get something that is half decent and wont fall apart. I am trying to work out whether I should get a new front bar, or just the lip.

Can people with S2 R33 gtst's post up what they have done in this situation?

Please help as I am getting sick of driving around a car that is constantly broken visually.

yeh i am the same i have been tossing up between a new front bar or front lip as well. cause i really like the look of the front lip but i dunno if i wanna spend my money on that or if i should just go all out and replace the whole front bar

I believe at some point in time, my car kissed a gutter in Japan, and was very poorly repaired. EG; Skiaflex was used to *Glue* the pieces of front lip back on to the bar and then resprayed. I had it plastic welded back together, but even plastic welding didn't give it the strength that I was looking for, so I have now wasted $400 that I could have put to a more practical use.

My Type M Lip is now so f**d that It could never be repaired. As I see it: Option 1: is to buy a new lip from Nissan (Expensive but gaurenteed result) or Option 2: Find the best fibreglass bar I can find and chance it with that.

Where can I find some good body kit parts from in Sydney?

I believe at some point in time, my car kissed a gutter in Japan, and was very poorly repaired. EG; Skiaflex was used to *Glue* the pieces of front lip back on to the bar and then resprayed. I had it plastic welded back together, but even plastic welding didn't give it the strength that I was looking for, so I have now wasted $400 that I could have put to a more practical use.

My Type M Lip is now so f**d that It could never be repaired. As I see it: Option 1: is to buy a new lip from Nissan (Expensive but gaurenteed result) or Option 2: Find the best fibreglass bar I can find and chance it with that.

Where can I find some good body kit parts from in Sydney?

Guys my boyfriend picked up a lip for his series II from UAS a while ago. It was fibreglass but had no problems fitting.

Just Jap used to make one too, not sure if they still do.

These guys are in Aus and sell areplica front lip. I have asked where in Aus you guys can buy as this buy/sell site is NZ based. Hopefully he answers!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...amp;permanent=0

I bought a whole bumper to obtain a lip. On arrial I saw it was pretty beat up with half arsed repair. I have since patched it up with fibreglass and had it attached fnished and pinted to the bumper. Time will tell how well the repair was done, but I'm confident it will hold. If any one decides to repair with fibreglass, don't reinforce with too many layers at once as when he resin/glass heats up and cures it can warp.

Hope this helps.