SAU Community

S-AFC questions

sfitzy

Just wondering if anyone has one of these things?

Do they operate effectively?

What extactly can you do with a unit that only adjusts 8 points or 500rpm on the AFM signal?

How big are they?

Sorry about all the questions peoples, but I have read that alot of people have these things on their skylines and I was wondering what ll the hype was about?

Thanks in advance!

I got one. I have the 2nd version so you can adjust 12 points at 200rpm increments. Theyre not very big, cbf measuring it up but i'd say about a coke can in dimensions...

Worth the money if u can get one cheap. I got a fair stack of power on my SR20DET cos it was running pig rich before the SAFC fixed things up!!

I gained 25rwkw by installing one of these SAFC's for $400 plus much better fuel economy. Even though you can only set points at 500rpm it averages out the changes across all revs to make an even curve. Sfitzy, skylines run incredibly rich and this wastes fuel and drains power. By tuning a SAFC you'll get a lot of power! They are pretty small, here's mine: http://www.performance-mod.com/nuke/html/m...ews&new_topic=5

Just go to www.apexi-usa.com and download the instructions for the original SAFC. The new one is basically the same and you can figure out the new options by urself anyway. Btw, the wiring is exactly the same, besides the additional purple wire which is for the knock sensor!