SAU Community

Rb20 Or Rb25?

32JEZ

dude every option is still open lol.. i just want to have very nice / relyable / quick car again within a 6 - 7k budget.. i havnt ever done anything with cars or engines before so i dont know :( thats why i am posting so i can get feedback on what ppl have done or friends and the results they got :) THIS NEEDS TO BE MY WORTH WHILE <3 <3

cheers

JEZ! <o/

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a couple of RB25 conversions now and the most recent was in my dads R32 over a weekend in January. I spent only a day creating a plug'n'play loom (thanks to considerable time "mapping" the RB20 and Rb25 looms in the past) which makes it as simple as plugging the loom in and firing up the engine. I bought an auto front cut from Asians for $2900 ($100 saving because I've bought numerous front cuts from them in the past - supposed they were looking after me - lol).

I replace timing belt and water pump whilst the engine is out ($200) and ideally oil and filter change ($50). If you use the factory Rb20 five speed it will keep costs down. There will also be some other minor costs so allow another $100.

Obviously if you get a workshop to do the work you will have their labour costs to consider.

Hope this helps

PS I have my dads old RB20 for sale. It is in good nick with approx 166,xxx kms. $400

Cheers

Edited by BH_SLO32

cheers man.. yeah thats very helpful info.. im trying find "that can do it properly" a friend or a friends dad (that would do it for a carton of beer or somthing lol i really just want to watch and learn and see how it is done).. to do the taking of the engine out.. and putting the new one in + (rb25 gearbox too if i go with the rb25) oh and id need a power fc aswell but yer.. i serioulsy dont know wat to do atm im trying to do as much homework as possible before anything gets rolling.. an rb25 conversion would be very nice and differnt.. but as i said before i only have 6 - 7k and it would need to be reliable.. another point would be, im gonna have this car for a very very long time and i look after it.. so yer i have to think this has to be done really well! i dont want to do this in the near future lol :rofl:

www.sql-gaming.com/user/JeZ

Pulsar - NOW For Sale $9k

Skyline - my broken engine car :'(

cheers

JEZ <o/

Edited by 32JEZ

i might have another talk to gavin woods.. and see what he says :pirate: see if hes knows of any rb20's for sale .. seems to be that the rb25 conversion is gonna be too hard :wave: with 7k.. D:

i might have another talk to gavin woods.. and see what he says :pirate: see if hes knows of any rb20's for sale .. seems to be that the rb25 conversion is gonna be too hard :wave: with 7k.. D: