SAU Community

Rb25det R33 Standard Turbo Boost

Hey All,

I was kinda wondering why my boost is only on around 4.5psi, the reading is definately right because i have an aftermarket HKS boost gauge as well as the standard one on the dash connected. I thought standard factory boost was 7, could someone please help me out? Is there a stock boost controller somewhere or is the only way to get it on 7 (or 10 =P) is to go buy a boost controller?

Appreciate your responces!!!

your owner might have disconnectd the stock solenoid that bleeds off pressure above 4.5k rpm. without that, it'll run 4-6psi

So does that mean if i get a boost gauge and have it boosted to 7psi it will still only run at 4.5psi because the stock solenoid is disconnected?

Sorry i mean if i get a boost controller - if i set it higher will it run higher or will it still run on low psi because of this other problem?

Where exactly is the stock solenoid. Would this be something i will be able to check myself and reconnect it if it has been disconnected??

general rule , bleed valves usually do leak and arent the best go - cheap alternative . or you could get a turbo tech spring and ballbearing boost controller for under $30 and they are the best for the cheap go . otherwise an EBC is the best thing for performance and adjustment . im thinking of getting myself a greddy profec .

hey man, if your stock gauge in your dash is showing 4.5, that gauge is actually in X 100mmHg (millimetres of mercury). So a quick conversion

450mmHg = 8.7 pounds/ square inch (psi).. when i first got my r33 i was the same as you, but yea dont worry its all good. not too sure why the aftermarket gauge is showing the wrong boost though, might have tapped into the wrong nipple.

cheers

izmir

I had the same trouble today and found that my boost solenoid was unplugged, Plugged it in and now I get the full standard boost over 4500RPM.

Heres where mine was unplugged right behind the air box........

DSC06182.JPG