SAU Community

Wheel Hub Ring Locator

I hope thats what its called but the ring that allows you to centre you rims on the hub. If anyone has these I need 4 of them as my last set of rims didnt need them but my new ones do and cant do any driving till i get em! PM or call on 0414610499 thanks.

are these actually needed if you do your nuts up properly?

Hub rings are required if the wheel does not have a 'neat' fit between the wheel bore hole and the hub diameter. Many wheels are 'multi-fit' to suit many vehicles, by stud pattern, but not necessarily for the hub fitment. Conact me as I may have aset to suit.

Hub rings are required if the wheel does not have a 'neat' fit between the wheel bore hole and the hub diameter. Many wheels are 'multi-fit' to suit many vehicles, by stud pattern, but not necessarily for the hub fitment. Conact me as I may have aset to suit.

Me thinks you need a new pic to show off that new yellow stag there Marc.

And yes, i'm coming in for fronts soon - will give you a call in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
are these actually needed if you do your nuts up properly?

Yes needed if not a snug fit as already said.

When I got my car it had aftermarket rims with no hub locators - gave savage wheel shake over 80kph.

I couldnt find any to fit so I took the rim off and machined some up to size in the workshop. I dont have access to a proper workshop anymore but I am sure someone could machine some up for you if you cant find any to suit.

Most of the ones you buy are nylon/plastic i think, I made mine from alloy.