SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

hey guys. just wanted to know what to set my knock sensor to.,

uras, or whover.

how do i set it up.

atm the jumper for it is set to 1-2. and in parameters im using the air intake temp/knock sensor 2 with it set to resonate and 7.02.

is this cool??

non res and around 7khz works well.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent, how would you diagnose knock with EMU? As long as its above 1% its all knock ? I forgot what knock is there in. % or not.

How far would you usually go with tuning ? Under 30, under 10 or fight knock until its below 0 threshold ?

Thanks!

ok i have finished my car and my mechanic tells me that i need to get it tuned.

WHERE THE F#%K CAN I GET IT TUNED IN BRISSIE AND GOLDY AREA for a good price???

Try Godzilla - I hear he does very good work!!

^^ yeah but ive never had issues unless its wired wrong. try updating EMU and software from the greddy japan site.

Thanks for the reply. The wiring looks ok (to me), the car runs ok, but the error log and flashing red light on the EMU continues. My software on the laptop is v2.16, I'll check what is loaded on the EMU when connected, but I think it's up to date.

I'll PM you a config printout (pdf), if you wouldn't mind having a quick look.

cheers.

Trent, how would you diagnose knock with EMU? As long as its above 1% its all knock ? I forgot what knock is there in. % or not.

How far would you usually go with tuning ? Under 30, under 10 or fight knock until its below 0 threshold ?

Thanks!

i always use my GIZZMO K-Mon to monitor knock as a back up but the EMU shows actual knock if you get any spike at all it is generally knock.

thanks very much pear...would they be in yellow pages?

any contact info?

they the ones on ashmore rd or ingelston rd?

http://www.godzillamotorsport.com/

addr and contact details are on their site. -- ingelston Rd

I haven't been there myself, but have heard good comments from other SAUQld members.

ask for Mark -- or send him a pm 'markr34gtr' http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/m4681.html

good luck, & keep us posted!!

Pear

Check that the signals going from the ignition relate to the right ones coming out

mine threw up that error and a red light when the channels didnt match to the igniter no. (3,4&5 were not matched up properly)

I changed them and the error messages went away

Hey guys, sorry to ask this one as I dont know if its been covered (dont have time to read 26 pages!).

The software that can be bought for the Emanage, Nengun says its in japanese, Is that just the instructions or is the program in japanesE?

Haha! I got the N-4 harness. Nice little piece of plastic ))

Swapped Ne and G, then Disconnected A and Ar1 hooked them up with other 2 free connectors.

Now I got no Water temp. Will be a bitch to find out which one is water temp now.

Btw, from factory N-4 harness comes wired with 2 knock sensors or air inlet temp and water temp ?

Thanks !

Ok. Swapping Ne/G was a bad Idea !!! I put them back, like greddy default and got my timing control/datalog back. Before it was 111deg. everywhere.

I did a few power runs like that and got massive missfire in 160km/h area.

The knock sensor 1/water temp should be left along, like greddy n-4. It will read water temp, not knock. And remove intake air temp and swap it with another purple/yellow wire. And u will get knock 2 working.

Now the funny part.

RB20DET inj. pin out order is a bit different to rb25/rb26 !

RB26 goes like #5 #6 #4, and rb20det goes like #5 #4 #6. I just figured that out. And now, its 3.30 am and I'm thinking how to swap those wires. Any good ideas ?

Other issues I've discovered. Need to adjust the TPS in EMU. Otherwise u won't have good idle and idle afr/s and no map trace.

Consult came up with TPS error when I didn't calibrate the TPS in EMU. After calibration this error went away.

Before swapping Ne/G back to the greddy default order G/Ne. (Not Ne/G), EMU was attacking me with ign. channel errors. all 6 of them.

Now I got no Errors in EMU.

But I still got the 21/ign. circuit error in ecu through consult.

Haven't got a chance to take a car for a datalog run after that.

Can post some datalogs of what was it like before.

I'm really having a hard time with making an EMU work )) Why me ? )))) lol.

I thought n-4 harness with magically solve all my problems. But it damn didn't do it right away or yet. hehe.

Hope for some input here.

hi there i wonder if anyone can tell me where i am going wrong gor r33 gtst 1995 i have wirried emu but i keep getting these error shortly after car is running

30:0441-0005[incorrect 1CH ignition input signal]

31:0442-0004[incorrect 2CH ignition input signal]

32:0443-0006[incorrect 3CH ignition input signal]

33:0444-0001[incorrect 4CH ignition input signal]

34:0445-0003[incorrect 5CH ignition input signal]

35:0446-0002[incorrect 6CH ignition input signal]

ii have checked wirring and is ok i have swaped jumpers over but still get the same fault do i ahve to set jumper to 12v or 5 volt for this car

would greatly apreciate it

hi there i wonder if anyone can tell me where i am going wrong gor r33 gtst 1995 i have wirried emu but i keep getting these error shortly after car is running

30:0441-0005[incorrect 1CH ignition input signal]

31:0442-0004[incorrect 2CH ignition input signal]

32:0443-0006[incorrect 3CH ignition input signal]

33:0444-0001[incorrect 4CH ignition input signal]

34:0445-0003[incorrect 5CH ignition input signal]

35:0446-0002[incorrect 6CH ignition input signal]

ii have checked wirring and is ok i have swaped jumpers over but still get the same fault do i ahve to set jumper to 12v or 5 volt for this car

would greatly apreciate it

ok i sorted that error out but what voltage do i run 12 or 5