SAU Community

How Much Of A Difference Does .5' - 1" Really Make?

Okay.

I currently have a pair of stock R34 wheels on my GTR33. Wheels which I love.

However, I am in the process of doing some signifigant upgrades and will be needing all the traction I can get.

The stock R34 wheels are 18X9, I am considering going with wider wheels to a 18X10. However as I know a guy selling a SEXY pair of 18X9.5 I may decide to go with those as well.

Anyway, Im wondering, truthfully does that exta inch or half inch make a difference as far as traction goes? I mean sure if you plan on upgrading your wheels you might as well get wider ones, however what about if you are happy with your wheels?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks a lot.

-Sayajin

it wont make a massive difference. it will allow you to run a 265 tyre which if you are currently running 235s would give you another 30mm of tyre each side. plus the offset of stock GTR wheels is +30. most aftermarket 18X9s will be around +20 so 20mm more track front and rear. These are all small advantages, but of course every bit helps. I say if you are happy with them, stick with them. They are a good size wheel for a 33 GTR, and you can still comfortably fit a 255 tyre on there which is plenty.