SAU Community

R33 Gtr Seats In A Stagea

munchstagea

Yes it is true, they do fit!

If you are tall, this could be the perfect mod for you, they sit approximately 90mm (yes 90mm!) lower than the factory S1 seats. If you are any shorter than say 5'10" then you probably won't see enough bonnet so this is really only a good idea if you need the extra head room. And once you have seats with some support the suspension upgrades move way up the list, rather than sliding from side to side in the seat you can really feel the body roll!

They look good in the car too, IMO anyway, pictures now added.

Cheers

Luke

post-8679-1175672408.jpg post-8679-1175672448.jpg

Edited by munchstagea

do you need to change the rails to GTR ones, or do you just use the stagea ones?

The factory rails on either Stagea or GTR are not removable, they are part of the seat base.

You use the complete GTR seat and bolt it straight in, but they sit alot lower as noted above

All R32, R33 and R34 GTR are interchangable. R34 GTT RWD are not as they have a different floor pan.

There maybe a remote chance a RWD Stagea floor pan could be different like the r34 GTT RWD is. This would have to be confirmed. Also most people are not aware the RWD Stagea has different front strut towers than a 4WD Stagea, this is due to the different front suspension setup.

You could add these GTR material matching rear seat and door trims like these I have spare :happy:

Nice! look a little grubby... got any better shots? Is that the auction photo or yours?

Nice work Luke GTR seats are tough, i nearly bought some about a month ago but the guy sold the drivers side on me so there was no point me buying just a passenger.

Would you mind pming me where you got them and a price etc...

Cheers Simon

Ps. I'll prolly be heading down your way on monday or something, when ive made up my mind ill pm you anyway.

Gtr seats definately fit because I have a set of recaros for a gtr in my stagea.

I know the recaros are for a Stagea as when the car came into the uk the standard seats were in the recaro boxes with skyline written on them

Edited by RSVFOURUK

• 6 years later...

The factory rails on either Stagea or GTR are not removable, they are part of the seat base.

You use the complete GTR seat and bolt it straight in, but they sit alot lower as noted above

All R32, R33 and R34 GTR are interchangable. R34 GTT RWD are not as they have a different floor pan.

There maybe a remote chance a RWD Stagea floor pan could be different like the r34 GTT RWD is. This would have to be confirmed. Also most people are not aware the RWD Stagea has different front strut towers than a 4WD Stagea, this is due to the different front suspension setup.

thread Resurrection! I can add that gtr seats fit a rwd stagea no worries.