SAU Community

Largest Rims That Fit Under Stock S1 Stagea?

rubba

Can someone be so kind as to inform me of the largest 18" rims that will fit under a stock series 1 stag. It is still in lift kit mode, so some form of lowering is also going to happen as well.

I am looking at some ford au/ba rims and I'd rather find out what would be pushing it before I go see any.

AFAIK standard offset is for s1 stags is 35, yes?

I have looked searched through some other threads but most of the stuff appeared vary a fair bit and a lot was for series 2 stags.

um

depends on how much massaging you want to do

I had 18x9 +0 front

18x10 +20

if you get an 18x10 +10 it will clear with almost 0* camber, but you need a alrge fender roll qhich i didnt want to do

However if you go with 18x9 +10 or +5 it will sit almost the same ( a few MM difference) with 20+MM more interior room so you wont hit your coilovers like i did

on the front you can afford to go with 10s +10 or so as long as they clear brakes if you have tension rods ...but id reccomend a PS cooler if your going to...as 10s put a huge strain on your PS system

For the rear two arms are a must

Toe Arm and camber arm

if you can get the other one (traction i think its called....i dunno) then get it

Use all S14 model arms, you can find them for 90-150 each arm depending on where you look.....

forgot to add

if you go lower than 18x9 +0 you will need to heavily roll your front fenders as well.

i put a slight roll on mine, but it has too much camber, which is why i went with an 18x9 +20 all around so i can just space the rear a little bit.

this is what it looks like with an 18x9 +0 18x0 +20

437419130_41ae176d15.jpg

I'm not looking to fill it out to the guards absolute limit, I just want some decent rims that aren't going to cost my nuts to replace the stocko ones.

Hrm I have 225/50R16 tyres on the car, if I go to 245/40R18 thats surely going to put the speedo out somewhat?... is my real speed going to be faster or slower than the speedo is indicating?

Also after looking under the arches, the rear will be fine, but the front has some suspension part that sits within a few inches of top of the tyre, is that going to be a problem at all?

Last question, +38 offset as opposed to the +35, that will bring the face of the rim slightly closer to guards? or is it going the other way?

Edited by rubba

ah I have no idea, sorry. I have 18's on mine, but no idea on the offsets bla bla bla cause I don't know what 'offset' is :sick:

It reallyhelps if you are of the opposite sex? LOFL

PS> Nor do I