SAU Community

My New Stagea - Yellow S2

Brycey

Bryce, What a gorgeous looking car you have there.. It looks really awesome and I bet it looks even better when your facing it. Well done i think you have done great!

What was it like driving from Melbourne to Newcastle?

was it a dream?

Cant wait to get my stagea

shell

Thanks for that :) yeah the drive was fantastic, I think as I mentioned I did the drive with a mate, switched the driving every half tank and had lots of fun :) gave many petrol stations a visit aswell :P the start of the Hume was a bit rough but overall the roads were great.

I haven’t mentioned this previously :( but on the whole trip we didn’t see one police car, and that’s over 1000km's. but on the very very very last leg of the trip (within 5k's of home) I got pulled over :(

basically the story goes it was my mates turn to drive from Sydney to home, we arrived at his house around 1am and I was just so excited to get home so I just jumped straight in the car and took off. now the problem with that is that im still on my P plates and I forgot to put the p plate on when it was my turn to drive from his house to my house (as I said, about 5k's) I turned 2 corners and I see some new forester headlights in my rear vision mirror. I didn’t really think much of it so I just went on my marry way. after about a kilometer or two I see a faint blue flashing light coming from the forester :woot: so I pull over and it obviously turns out to be a unmarked police car. Both of the cops were nice guys - but were pretty set on booking me. First off they questioned me about having no plates - so I explained about my road permit etc, then he questioned me about rego (???) so I just explained my situation again. He then went on to say how I was speeding ( I wont deny it, as I said, I was just pumped to get home) so I said straight up that I know I was speeding. Luckily he explained that he didn’t get me on camera so he couldn’t book me for speeding. Eventually he asked me for my license, all looked good and I thought I would be on my way very soon, after he inspected my license he asked "so are you displaying a p plate?"

At that point I was on the verge of crapping my pants, when I got in the car back at my mates house, putting on p plates completely slipped my mind

So once again I explained it to him, but he wasn’t really listening, he said he would book me and ill get a notice in the mail... for everyone that isn’t in NSW the fine for not displaying a p plate is something like $195 and 2 points.. what makes it worse is that I only have 1 point left :( and that im only a month or so away from getting my full license (I got my greens a little late) so its been just over 2 weeks, I haven’t received a letter yet.. So fingers crossed he didn’t process the fine or the stag will be in the garage for 3 months :(

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brycey: i had a similar thing happen when i had 6weeks to go on my P's, had 1 point got a 3point fine so i didnt pay it untill i got my blacks :P then payed it and the points were taken from me then ;)

BTW, that was back in 98 so they may have changed how the system works since then.

its a bit of a kick to the nuts.. yeah FLY PSI thats what i hope to do - but i have been told that the RTA wont give you your blacks untill all fines etc are paid for.. they will let you do the test and pass but you have to pay the fine..

i still havnt got a letter in the mail yet so hopefully it can hold off for another few weeks - fingers crossed, touch wood etc :blink:

hey i seen your stagea in the forshore last week.looks sweet> should be picking up mine this week so you will see ega41t cruising about newy next weekend. if i see you i will pull up for a chat. un fortunate about your fine though hope it doesn't come through