SAU Community

Idle Stalling

bikkies

I've got a '95 R33 GTS Type M with a big pipe, blitz BOV and a turbo timer, otherwise stock. Starts and idles fine when cold, as soon as it's warm it won't idle at all, stalls etc. I had a Honda Legend which started doing similar, and it turned out to be ignition leads- is this likely here?

It's only just been complied, and I think it sat for a fair while in Japan before being shipped. I've run one tank of PULP through it, half a tank with injector cleaner but with no improvement. Very occasionally it settles to idle, chugs a bit then idles properly, but not very often.

Edited by bikkies

its either your blitz bov, air flow meter, coilpacls, sparkies

cause atmospheric bov ruin your idle. chuck a stock bov back on and see how u go.

or try electric contact cleaner on ur afm. or swap and try someones u know is working.

coilpacks, check if u got any hairline cracks on them

sparkies check if they need replacing or ur using the wrong heat range.

hope that helps

its either your blitz bov, air flow meter, coilpacls, sparkies

cause atmospheric bov ruin your idle. chuck a stock bov back on and see how u go.

or try electric contact cleaner on ur afm. or swap and try someones u know is working.

coilpacks, check if u got any hairline cracks on them

sparkies check if they need replacing or ur using the wrong heat range.

hope that helps

Thanks for that- it ran the same (or worse) without the BOV, and with standard exhaust and airbox as I took it up to register with all stock gear fitted- we thought it might have been a tuning issue as it should have been tuned to suit the high flow air filter, big exhaust etc but made no dirfference. I'm thinking plugs and/or leads, or contaminated fuel from sitting. If it was a fuel issue though I'd expect it to be the same at startup. It also lugs and farts on the timer, but usually keeps running until switchoff. Confusing.

Hey mate.........

I am had some problems currently i am having THAT EXACT problem....... cold idle is fine! Its almost that choke is fine then...... starts to misfire and splutter when she warms....

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=164545 thats my post........ there are some things u could try there..... but

out of interest i did CHANGE my ignitor loom

Edited by RipNGrip

i also have this problem.

i got a r33 gtst with a 3inch catback ex, FMIC, iridium plugs, K&N pannel filter, and a new o2 sensor. i thought it might be timming or the throttle position sensor.

any way im taking it to Mercury Motorsports to get a SAFCII installed and get my timming and tune done.

ill let u know how it goes once its done.

Aif