SAU Community

Any one here? Ideas for group get togethers

Lavers

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a GTS2, I sold the one i had...lol....just change cars too often.

It's either buy the one for sale I have found that has a neo 6 in it or import an 89 GT-R from Japan for the same kinda $$$ just have to wait until next year.

Guest McRen

Yeah I've had that black gti-R try and follow me a few times around the southern outlet area.

I've found that no one tries to race my car !

I see that GTI-R everywhere, he didn't drag me when he was in the slip lane when I had my GTSt, should have creamed me.....

I am not much for drags, that's why I brought it up cos that's about the 3rd time I ever had one.

GTSt in today's mercury for 19500, might check it out.

Guest McRen

Any feedback from Autocraft rodlin? Are they any good?

I saw a rex in there once with no engine and a black intercooler. That car obivously wasn't about show, amazing!!!

Guest McRen

So what kind of affiliation do you have with autocraft if you don't mind me asking?

When I saw the wrx it didn't look like much of a car, obviously wasn't going to be to soft ****. I keep hearing about broken gear boxes though.

You don't see any heavy modified jap cars in Hobart.

None. I've known the Kershaws for a while but I have no interest in the business. Go where you want I don't care. I thought you asked where I took it and asked for feedback, I don't remember trying to promote them.

It's a WRX, it can't be much of a car can it?

I guess you don't. Mines modified enough for me.

Tim.

The WRX is pretty much just for going quick at the track. I have tried to keep it as standard looking as possible within the limits of reason given the amount of cooling etc it needs.

I get asked about my connection with Autocraft about 3 times a day (it seems) and am a bit sick of answering the question. Just for the record again, I have none.

I'm not really in to dressing up cars with fibreglass etc. I have no problem with it, I just don't particularly want to do it. I prefer to keep things as subtle/tasteful as possible. My taste probably isn't everybodies cup of tea but I can't help that.

As for heavily modified cars in Japan etc, My car currently makes around 500bhp AFW (not a method I normally quote but probably more useful when comparing to japanese cars). When my new injectors arrive it should make close to 600. There aren't many WRX's here or in Japan making that sort of power. I realise there are much more powerful GTR's there but that's not really the point.

In its first shakedown run at Baskerville recently it did 61 and a half second laps with no effort and a passenger. It should get into the high 50's although I won't say what times I'm expecting until I do them. :-) This is on RE540s'. There are a couple of people on this list who saw that shakedown run. For reference, whitey and PJ do low 59's in races usually.

Tim.

Hey, I'll race anyone haha in the Chubb car.... cops don't pull us up hehe....

Some idiot followed me when I was doin a run to Riverside in Launceston.... Cops set up a radar gun, I was doin about 110 in a 70 zone and he must have though "Security is speedin, so I might do it too" lol.... I went flying past the cops....

They just sat there, about 10 seconds later the guy behind me hit the speed trap... Blue and red lights, I pull up to do my call.. and just watch that guy get the ticket haha.... was so funny...

That guy in the black GTiR.. if it is the guy from launceston, everyone knows him for hittin stuff in his car all the time.. he's stuffed it up...

no I think theres another Gtir down in HBt same as the one up here in LST, yeah the gtir up here has had a rough life thats for sure.

I herd theres a modded MR2 down there in HBT with a huge Greedy sticker over the door, looked nice but what has it had done to it........... anyone?:P:D:)

Guest McRen
Originally posted by nizmokid

no I think theres another Gtir down in HBt same as the one up here in LST, yeah the gtir up here has had a rough life thats for sure.  

I herd theres a modded MR2 down there in HBT with a huge Greedy sticker over the door, looked nice but what has it had done to it........... anyone?:D :D :D

Gee maybe the guy should put some GTR badges on his car too.

:Owned:

Guest McRen
Originally posted by roaldin

That was most probably mine.

It's white and has huge brakes on it, cage etc.

It's a very fast car.

Autocraft do good work. They have a bit of a time organisation problem which will hopefully be sorted out soon.

Tim.

Not trying to promote Autocraft? That doesn't half sound like you have some kind of affiliation with them mate.

Guest McRen
Originally posted by roaldin

The WRX is pretty much just for going quick at the track. I have tried to keep it as standard looking as possible within the limits of reason given the amount of cooling etc it needs.

I get asked about my connection with Autocraft about 3 times a day (it seems) and am a bit sick of answering the question. Just for the record again, I have none.

I'm not really in to dressing up cars with fibreglass etc. I have no problem with it, I just don't particularly want to do it. I prefer to keep things as subtle/tasteful as possible. My taste probably isn't everybodies cup of tea but I can't help that.

As for heavily modified cars in Japan etc, My car currently makes around 500bhp AFW (not a method I normally quote but probably more useful when comparing to japanese cars). When my new injectors arrive it should make close to 600. There aren't many WRX's here or in Japan making that sort of power. I realise there are much more powerful GTR's there but that's not really the point.

In its first shakedown run at Baskerville recently it did 61 and a half second laps with no effort and a passenger. It should get into the high 50's although I won't say what times I'm expecting until I do them. :-) This is on RE540s'. There are a couple of people on this list who saw that shakedown run. For reference, whitey and PJ do low 59's in races usually.

Tim.

I don't want to know your problems pal.