SAU Community

Hi A Reasonable Price For A Stagea And Advice Please

joshsmum00

hehehehe which is why im not going with the two options and IM going to go pick out my own so it doest go doof doof doof hehehhe

shell

oohhh yea "GANGSTA PARADISE" LOL!!! my old days doof doof doof dongs!! :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stasis, yep not even in my youngs days did I have the stereo going doof doof doof.. :D techinicqually Im still young 28 but im not in my early 20's although I could class as that young ROFL

I have seen two stereos that I like that is the pioneer and the kenwood one reasonable price and I like the sound that it has.

all i need is the stagea and ill be happy

shell

Edited by joshsmum00

Stasis, yep not even in my youngs days did I have the stereo going doof doof doof.. :D techinicqually Im still young 28 but im not in my early 20's although I could class as that young ROFL

I have seen two stereos that I like that is the pioneer and the kenwood one reasonable price and I like the sound that it has.

all i need is the stagea and ill be happy

shell

jus make sure when you ar comparing with the same speakers and speakers wires and stuff. retailer tends to do that. different units uses same speakers but different type of cables. dirty tricks.

Not legal since its has a factory fitted airbag unless you find one that has an airbag. I do believe I have seen MOMO's in the past that have but your going to be really hard pressed to find one and your choices will be very limited. If your really keen on changing the wheel get it re trimmed. I'd personally prefer to keep the safety aspect of the airbag anyway. I don't find them to be too bad anyway

Oh yeah and as for the exhaust over the stero. You don't need to go for a f*uk off loud exhaust. The system I've got sounds deep and nice but doesn't drone and just has a cannon and a resonator. But it really doesn't overtake my stero on medium levels. If your sensible about it you should be able to come to a good compromise. And if your forking out big on a system anyway you'd want to be investing in some extra sound deadening on the doors and in the rear boot area as there isn't much in the way of it from the factory. Trust me, it will rattle and resonate like all shit and give stuff all bass response if you don't. So this will help with the exhaust noise as well.

Josh I didnt know that about the steering wheel thanks I wont be changing it now :teehee: .. I can live with that. :sorcerer:

I dont want a stereo system that is out there and gos doof doof doof and expensive I just want a nice system that sounds nice. I have a nice sounding exhaust not loud not quite just right.

But thanks I will be looking at that when once I get the stagea and the stereo system put in..

we are trying to figure out where the subs would go just to give it that bit of umph.. we were thinking at the back of the Stagea we are going with a Series 1 Ive made my decision :P

You know where the back of the stagea along the side where it curves in? we were thinking of puting a sub there 10 inch one,, but we ahve no idea the length or width in that area..

Now with what you were saying earlier where would I find the things you mentioned like the boost and all that stuff? What should come first in your list of things..

throw another $5000 to $6000 at it and you'll get yourself and Full Exhaust, Intercooler, Air Filter, Boost Controller, SAFC and (if you can bloody find one) an SITC so you can tune your air/fuel mixtures and timming for better fuel economy and power (believe me and everyone else here this should be AT THE TOP OF THE LIST), and set of wheels (nothing too expensive), alarm and maybe even have some left for suspension upgrades or exterior mods depending on what it came with. This is based on some new and second hand parts and a bit of shopping around but I've done it with less so far. And you'll still come out on top of buying a stock series 2 from a dealer. Personally I don't really find the differences that big between the 2 apart from age. The Neo does make more power and is a little better on fuel but these can be addressed in a series 1. It all depends on what you want for your money really. You could get a better series 1 and do more to it or go with a stock series 2. Both are great cars!!!

thanks

shell

Edited by joshsmum00

Guys a question for you if you all can help me Id appreciate it :teehee:

What are the sizes fo the speakers in the front doors and the speakers in the back doors of the stagea as we want to just be sure to price the right speakers for that car.

thanks

shell

I used Pioneer 6" splits (the yellow fibre cone types with the silver phase plugs in the centre) and they fit perfectly in the front doors using the factory plastic mountings. However I'd recomend getting the shop to make mdf ones or reinforcing the plastic ones. They are solid but plastic doesn't make a good mounting point for a driver. But they will fit fine. The rear doors are a different story. I kind of used the plastic mounts but also used a mdf spacer as the 6" didn't fit, they were just off. But you can still fit them easially. I used the matching 6" co-axel Pioneers in the back.

As for Mod list every one is different and also depends on budget.

But here is my top 10:

1). Full Exhaust and a K&N Panel filter for the stock airbox or a pod

2). Apexi SAFC and (like I said before IF YOU CAN FIND ONE :P ) Apexi SITC. You'll know why when you start watching the fuel guage.

3). Get it on a Dyno and get it tuned. Make sure they don't just look at wide open throttle tuning but also the 0% to say 35% range as well. Will probably cost more but the economy will be better.

4). Front Mount Inercooler and Boost Controller. Now you could make this step 3 before the tune but like I said it depends on budget. I would simply to save Dyno costs as you could get your car tuned after you raised the boost etc. But if you planning on leaving the boost standard then you need not worry about this setp anyway.

5:)Then I would plan on some suspension Mods. Check out Sydney Kids Bilstein group buy as this was developed for the Stageas and has been tried and tested by a few members on here. And if your still riding on stock shocks etc. Then they are going to be shagged anyway as will a lot of the factory rubber bushes.

6:) Now that its going some more power and sitting and riding much better I'd look a wheels. Not much to say here as its all personal choice. But something with some Deep Dish looks sweet IMO on a Stagea ;)

7:) Then I would deal with the Auto, you may decide you like it. But its slipps and and the shifts are too sloppy for my liking. Around $400 will get you a shift kit from MV Automatic in Adelaide (AlexCim has one on his and after watching the videos I wanted one >_< ). This will actually extend you auto's life I believe as it stops a lot of the slipping which will wear out the bands etc inside. And also shift harder and faster.

8:) Body kits etc. Again personal taste. If you get a completely stock car that doesn't even have side skirts, front lip, rear lip, spoiler etc. Then its going to look real plain. There are a few kits for sale here in bris. Just don't get a Nismo kit....thats what I just got....hehe ;) Otherwise you can find plenty of body styling parts on the Yahoo Auction from Japan.

9:) Brakes. Some say the braking performance leaves a bit to be desired. And if your planning on doing some more than spirited driving then yeah they aren't fantastic. But I used a descent set of pads front and rear and good fluid with new standard rotors and it takes a good flogging up Mt Nebo to start noticing anything wrong.

10:) Save the best till last. You'll NEVER finish the car. As with modifying any car there will always be something you want to do to it. As cy would say. Its an Addiction :D