SAU Community

Permits for mods

SHUTO-BOY

Just wondering to guys/gals with permits,

How did you get the permits?How much? Any requirements for your mods? what mods can you get a permit for? where did you apply for it?east perth?welshpool? Any help would be appreciated thanks

$28 gets you 5 items, can get multiple permit sheets.....

they shouldnt be giving anyone permits for exhausts, if you got one your a lucky man, theres a ridiculous amount of inconsistency within the perth pits regarding inspecting and permitting

WTF !!

I got permits for everything CEPT zorst.

Had my zorst tested and it was below limit. But the guy said we dont permit exhausts. This was east perth pits.

Damn its annoying how inconsistant this crap is !!!

Which pits you got to Metblue ??

It's the DB that makes the Zorst illegal.

Cop measured mine. Said they dont permit them FULL STOP.

Too easy for you to go round corner and change it. Even though that goes for everything on your car :|

As Mayhem said, loop hole so they always got something to sticker you for.

Well guys i can tell you that I HAVE got a permit for my exhaust, he didn't test it, just listened to it and allowed it... I have a Blitz BOV which vents to atmo and i have a permit for that...

I think i can scan in my permit for the non-believers...

Butters: I got mine through Welshpool pits...

I think we believe you dude..... its an example of the inconsistency and flexability of the DOT and interperataions of ADRs

I wouldnt scan it, Id laminate it and make sure its safe.

as for bovs how is it you can vent crank case gas atmo through a bov but need to recirculate it to burn it? I got teh ADRs on CD coming

Who is We vspec? do you suffer from psychitsophrenia?

Mayhem is right.

BOV's are technically illegal by the laws of emissions. Once Air has entered the engine via filter, legally(emissions laws) the only way it can leave is through the exhaust.

If you got a permit for one, or have been told they are legal then it is the "inDUHviduals" interpretation.

We beleive you Met-Blue. Just want some of this permit goodness for ourselves :) hehehehe

I am out to Welshpool soon I thinx. Can you tell me which guy you spoke to ??

Butters and Mr Mayhem - all laws are up for interpretation.. Reno who is effectively the godfather of the pits and inspections for WA (so I'm led to believe) says that BOV's are legal as long as they are not too loud. Same goes for exhausts and the like. Basically he was saying that they had flexibility and as long as you hadn't done anything overly stupid you could get a permit for it.

Paul isn't crazy - he meant we as in a group of us that went to the info session.

Apparently cause I'm an engineer I can sign off on design mods. I'm sure I can find evidence somewhere to say that carbon fibre bonnets are ok.. :D