SAU Community

Neo Plazmaman Plenums - Coming Soon

runners on greddy arn't as good as plazmaman runners. Ive driven a car with greddy plenum and one with just stockk and i'd say stock was better with way more pickup. I found greddy to be a little restrictive. The greddy ones look heaps good but im yet to be impressed by their functionability.

Any one else have any details on when the neo version will be out. Hopefully they dont take as long as the 33 version.

the reason you found this i was told by plazmaman was , Greddy has its own runners. where as Plazmaman retains stock runners. and just bolts up to them. the smaller runners give more torque with that plenum. creating more response :)

runners on greddy arn't as good as plazmaman runners. Ive driven a car with greddy plenum and one with just stockk and i'd say stock was better with way more pickup. I found greddy to be a little restrictive. The greddy ones look heaps good but im yet to be impressed by their functionability.

Any one else have any details on when the neo version will be out. Hopefully they dont take as long as the 33 version.

sorry but your argument is baseless.

the reason you found this i was told by plazmaman was , Greddy has its own runners. where as Plazmaman retains stock runners. and just bolts up to them. the smaller runners give more torque with that plenum. creating more response :thumbsup:

i cant believe someone wrote this.. sorry i think u should do a little bit more research regarding runner and there length ...that is way off base that remark..

so your saying the shorter the runner the more response so there is less overall volume to pass through....?

cheers

Edited by infected flow

i cant believe someone wrote this.. sorry i think u should do a little bit more research regarding runner and there length ...that is way off base that remark..

so your saying the shorter the runner the more response so there is less overall volume to pass through....?

cheers

I think thats what he's sayin but im not sure how valid it is. Does someone with a bit of plenum knowledge wanna tell us what they think about silverbullets explanation for increased response...

im not a fan of the plazmaman plenums, dont get me wrong they are built great, but iv seen a few people now having cooling issues.

CJ

Like Pauline Hanson says ' PLEASE EXPLAIN' - what the hell does a plenum have to do with cooling engine water ??? Owners fault - More than likely the engine water system was not bled properly and air pockets are in the back of the head , this blow head gaskets . UAS installed my mates (R33 ) and it had no problems .

Apparently some curcuit cars at UAS running the cheap intercoolers all cooked on curcuit days . They did not let air through to radiator properly . This could be those peoples problem .

Edited by KW KING

i havnt had the experience personally, but a mate of mine has and 2 others that got it done at the same workshop. apparently when it goes on it creates a air pocket that can not be bleed out? (even when fully pressurised) unless you change some of the cooling piping. maybe cause all 3 people had the same problem (all a rb25) from the same workshop it was the workshops fault? tad over priced to!!

Like Pauline Hanson says ' PLEASE EXPLAIN' - what the hell does a plenum have to do with cooling engine water ??? Owners fault - More than likely the engine water system was not bled properly and air pockets are in the back of the head , this blow head gaskets . UAS installed mine (R33 ) and i had no problems .

Apparently some curcuit cars at UAS running the cheap intercoolers all cooked on curcuit days . They did not let air through to radiator properly . This could be their problem .

i havnt had the experience personally, but a mate of mine has and 2 others that got it done at the same workshop. apparently when it goes on it creates a air pocket that can not be bleed out? (even when fully pressurised) unless you change some of the cooling piping. maybe cause all 3 people had the same problem (all a rb25) from the same workshop it was the workshops fault? tad over priced to!!

Never heard of a cooling system that could not be bled out , add a bleeder hose , its common sense . Costs about $1 and a clamp . Maybe its the workshops fault . They probably are not good engineers . Try CRD , they are real good at fitting stuff and know what they are doing .

I think they are a bit dear too , cant afford it yet , but at UAS dyno day recently the 2 top power cars had Plazmaman plenums .

Anyone know where to get the GReddy copy plenums from... or the Plazmaman (sounds like a character from that movie orgasmo) Please PM me as i wouldnt mind trying one out.

unique autosports in seven hills are the best place to goto for plazmaman products as they test them on the side for . plazmaman so they know a shit load about em. I would think most places selll greddy copy's, maybe crd

I think thats what he's sayin but im not sure how valid it is. Does someone with a bit of plenum knowledge wanna tell us what they think about silverbullets explanation for increased response...

first of all besides the bling factor most people on this forum reckon u should change the plenum at 300rwkw but i disagree with this on the neo there is more to be had if changed earlier!

ok then ive got a greddy plenum on the neo ..now normally u would upgrade the plenum with a much bigger turbo so i also have a much bigger turbo on the car ..

ive recently made an adapter plate to make the runners longer on the greddy plenum and have recieved a 20% gain on midrange and top end just by simply making the runners longer.. meaning 20% = 20kw difference also the other difference was response all i can say is holy crap !!! its much more responsive ive got full boost between 3500-3700 all the way to 8500-9rpm.. i was very surprised!

when the adaptor plate was not in i was getting full boost by 4000-4500rpm.

so i would like to know what plazmaman is telling silverbulletR33 about this runner crap .....?

cheers

Im no expert did i forget to mention that? My Wording may not be 100% correct either, it could be caused by port Design Not just shorter lenght , But Im quite sure thats wat the guys down at Plazmaman was telling me that, Simply ..he said when using their plenum with the standard runners it created more initial response and more torque.

We chatted for a while about that and why, so They sent me across some Dyno sheets to check out, As I'm planning on buying one very soon. Who knows Sales people say anything to get a sale but these guys are well known for good product so i believe them, . I did not get to talk to the Owner though as he was busy, so maybe you should give them a call if your interested about why this is so? and have a chat with them :/.

cheers.

Edited by silverbulletR33

realistically if i was going for bigger numbers i would not choose the plazma cause it retains standard runners. I would go the greddy over it. and i would imagine. It would flow more thru them over the Standard runners and probably have alot better flow rate/swirl ie. port design. But my setup is for Response and balance and power combined. hense my choice.

and yes i was wrong to say smaller. For the same reason as what happens when u put a tunnel ram on a v8

*edit and i shouldve said int he first post, that i know of only the rb25 had the standard runners. they do make complete plenums also.

Edited by silverbulletR33

the reason you found this i was told by plazmaman was , Greddy has its own runners. where as Plazmaman retains stock runners. and just bolts up to them. the smaller runners give more torque with that plenum. creating more response :unsure:

What i shouldve said was STock insted of smaller. I see ur point. And i just checked out my standard runners, and it looks like the greddy ones are actually shorter than the stock ones. I havnt got a greddy one here to measure though.

ive recently made an adapter plate to make the runners longer on the greddy plenum and have recieved a 20% gain on midrange and top end just by simply making the runners longer.. meaning 20% = 20kw difference also the other difference was response all i can say is holy crap !!! its much more responsive ive got full boost between 3500-3700 all the way to 8500-9rpm.. i was very surprised!

when the adaptor plate was not in i was getting full boost by 4000-4500rpm.

What size turbo are you using? thats exactly where I want to hit full boost 3500.