SAU Community

Weekend In Osaka

Zman

Gday gday

my mates and i will arrive in Osaka on the thursday 31st May.

I just wanted to know if theres any good clubs in the Shin oksaka area on the thursday and friday nights?

The hotel we're staying at is the Dai Chi Hotel at Umeda Kita-ku Osaka 530-0001 if that makes any sense :/

Cheers :sorcerer:

edit: also can anyone recommend a company that hires out mobile phones for a few days? are there any located at the kansai airport by any chance?

Edited by Zman

JAL/ABC rent phones from the airport. good service. you can book on in advance from the JAL website.

shin osaka is a little out of the main city I don't think there is much in the way of clubs in shin-osaka. There will be more happening near your hotel in umeda I would say. i don't know osaka night life very well but there must be clubs etc around namba.

ok i was under the impression my hotel is located near Shin Osaka, so scratch that off.

Any club really! it could be rnb or somethng more upbeat. basically anything that allows a bunch of fellas to get wasted and let loose haha

ALso, could i use my 3G phone in japan during my visit?

ok i was under the impression my hotel is located near Shin Osaka, so scratch that off.

Any club really! it could be rnb or somethng more upbeat. basically anything that allows a bunch of fellas to get wasted and let loose haha

ALso, could i use my 3G phone in japan during my visit?

yeah forget shin-osaka mate. it's not near umeda really at all and there is nothing really there. yes, you can use your aussie 3G phone in japan. it's not cheap though.

Bar Isn't It

Sam & Dave

On thursday i reckon bar isnt it will be your best bet. Friday for Sam and Dave. Both of them are really close to your hotel so shouldnt be too hard to find.

But I'd recommend going here first for a great burger and asking them what clubs to check out. Theyll be able to give you directions.

Came back from Japan (Osaka/Tokyo) a couple weeks ago, I stayed at Namba and went to Sam & Dave Shinsaibashi on a Sunday night. Wasn't completely packed but was still lively with a mixed crowd of locals and foreigners, it was hiphop/rnb night and was overall a pretty good club. We went to Sam & Dave Umeda on a Friday night and although the place was bigger, the music sucked (only coz im into hiphop/rnb). Went back to Namba/Shinsaibashi area to go check out Club Pure instead but one of my friends forgot her ID at the hotel so I missed out.

Check out www.bikeclubosaka.com to see whats on and most club websites have a schedule list so you can see what kind of music is playing on a particular day.

I miss Japan :)