SAU Community

Vl Turbo Sump Compatability.

Hi All,

Does anyone know if a VL Turbo sump is a straight fit onto a RB26DETT. The engine is currently fitted to R32GTST (RWD) and is currently fitted with an RB25DET sump.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by slapper

Hi All,

Does anyone know if a VL Turbo sump is a straight fit onto a RB26DETT. The engine is currently fitted to R32GTST (RWD) and is currently fitted with an RB25DET sump.

Thanks in advance.

The VL sump is narrower than the GTR sump, and needs a small amount of modification around the oil pick up. It does bolt on aside from that though, owing to the two sets of bolt holes in the RB26 block.

Have done it, but don't have any photo's sorry.

The VL sump is narrower than the GTR sump, and needs a small amount of modification around the oil pick up. It does bolt on aside from that though, owing to the two sets of bolt holes in the RB26 block.

Have done it, but don't have any photo's sorry.

Cheers, thanks for your help!

std 30 sump doesnt have a scraper around 4,5 and 6. Why would you want to use one? The 25 sump would be better then the 30 and obviously as R31Nismoid said the modified 26 sump is better again.

std 30 sump doesnt have a scraper around 4,5 and 6. Why would you want to use one? The 25 sump would be better then the 30 and obviously as R31Nismoid said the modified 26 sump is better again.

Ok cheers - I have an option to buy an enlarged custom baffled sump + windage tray built for a VL turbo (ex improved production car) for cheap$$ which is why I asked the question, it's definitely not a stock RB30 sump - but I don;t want to buy it if it is going to give me problems with an RB26DETT.