SAU Community

Microtech Ecu Info Please

hi, i recently bought an r33 with a microtech lt8 sequential fire ecu, the car also came with a duel stage boost controller, but!, it has been disabled and tells me the ecu controls boost settings.

the car also has:

550cc injectors

dump pipe into stainless 3 inch

bigger turbo

front mount intercooler

pod ect.

= 221kw at the wheels

now... i didnt get a hand controller to change the settings, so my car is set on... what previous owner called economy, pushing 7 pounds boost and fuel is managed to run at certain level ect. and cant change settings.. when i ask people about it, they tell me it wont control boost settings. I dunno, who is right???

also if i bought a hand controller. will the settings the previous owner used be loaded up from the ecu? or are the settings (maps) saved on hand controller? will this mean i might have to get my car re-tuned on dyno?

if anyone has any info (cause it has me stuffed) hehe, that would be great.

thanks

The maps are saved on the ecu itself not the handcontroller.

Thanks. so if i bought a new lt series hand controller. just plug into my ecu and should display the settings the previous ower had?

There is no boost controller at all within the microtech lt8.

oh ok so i will have to set the dual stage boost controller back up then ... what about if the settings were controled by laptop??? maybe then will it be possible to alter boost ect. via laptop?

oh ok so i will have to set the dual stage boost controller back up then ... what about if the settings were controled by laptop??? maybe then will it be possible to alter boost ect. via laptop?

There are no settings timing and fuel only. 110% garuntee you.

if you dump more boost into it, then the tune is not correct for the amount of boost you raise it to, if you want more power raise the boost and get a retune done on the ecu.. the handcontroller is only usefull to a user if you want a read of digitaly, for a tuner it can be used also to tune the car, so be carefull not to hit the *mode* button when you get one as this will set the computer into tune mode, and you will alter any settings... not advised unless you know what your doing.

if you dump more boost into it, then the tune is not correct for the amount of boost you raise it to, if you want more power raise the boost and get a retune done on the ecu.. the handcontroller is only usefull to a user if you want a read of digitaly, for a tuner it can be used also to tune the car, so be carefull not to hit the *mode* button when you get one as this will set the computer into tune mode, and you will alter any settings... not advised unless you know what your doing.

so im stuck on 7 pounds of boost, unless i get it dyno tuned?

so my car is set on... what previous owner called economy

Economy and microtech should never be used/talked about in the same sentence, they don't belong together :thumbsup:

I'm sure you can tune the microtech for "economy", but yea, it's pretty p*ss poor in that department.

I probably got a MAX of 300-350km/tank(60L tank) with the RB20-DETT, and i generally drive pretty old lady style.

And no microtech can't control boost.

Edited by Jago