SAU Community

R32 Gtr 1994 Model

Hi all,

i am doinmg a rebuild on my gtr motor and a few things have struck me and not adding up.

I have the pull type clutch and b/box

i think i have the r33 crank

but my water pump does not have the elongated bolt hole that the r33 water pump has.

1. basically does anyone know what parts of these engines are r33 components and what are not

2. are my turbos r32 or r33 turbos and are they run of the mill or n1 variant

3. how do i know defenitivly that my crank is the r33 crank.

4. are there any significant differences in the motor compared with a r32 gtr pre 94 mtor

5. anything special about these cars. different chassis strengthening?

cheers

any help to shed some light on this would be very much appreciated

also would people be interested in a run down of the costs i have for the rebuild

cheers again

I thought only 50 limited edition R32 GTR V Spec 2's were made in 1994. In which case your car's a collectors edition in Japan.

and if so.. wow, nice car.

I also though that the only difference was between pre 91 32's and 32's built after 91. apart from the 50 limited edition ones

I thought only 50 limited edition R32 GTR V Spec 2's were made in 1994. In which case your car's a collectors edition in Japan.

and if so.. wow, nice car.

I also though that the only difference was between pre 91 32's and 32's built after 91. apart from the 50 limited edition ones

No, there were apparently regular R32 GTRs produced in 94 as well as (apparently) about 1300 v.spec ii's.

There were about 1500 v.spec i's produced in 93.

To the original poster: 93 and 94 R32 models are 'mightys' - you might have an R33 crank/oil drive, you might not.

The only way to be sure is to pull and measure.

Regards,

Saliya

has anyone got the measurements for the oil pump drive. so i can measure against my crank.

i believe my car is not a v-spec

i have a/c and stock stereo etc....

but i am more concerned with what the diffeences are between chassis and running gear.

cheers