SAU Community

Thursday Nite Newcastle Cruise-gone Wrong

KLA#ZLA

Yes Noise polution is the only thing that makes a BOV illegal, Which sucks and blows.

Like SA you can have a POD as long as it does not move but here in NSW you can have one as long as you can see it ( BOXED IN) stupid and this is because it increases noise either out the pod or the exhaust.

My 2 cents

Hence why mine is completely enclosed .... bashtards.... even the RTA guy said quietly "just cop that one cause its easier than a lot of others he asked me to write up"....lol

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh but if u have a quiet one they tell you its emissions they dont give you the same answer twice which is what makes it frustrating for performance car owners cause everyone gets done for diff things even though there cars are the same..

It doesnt seem to matter if u bother gettin it engineered you can still get done so gay.

Yeh but if u have a quiet one they tell you its emissions they dont give you the same answer twice which is what makes it frustrating for performance car owners cause everyone gets done for diff things even though there cars are the same..

It doesnt seem to matter if u bother gettin it engineered you can still get done so gay.

lol.... I know... my exhaust is way under the 90db or whateva it is... I think it was the forward facing plenum that got me :) or the map sensor on the firewall which they didn't notice :cheers: , or if they did they didn't mention it ! Quite surprised that I aint being sent to the RTA to clear the defects!

Meh lesson learnt, engineered or not... stay out of Newcastle at night :D

Lol yeps haha so crap, it seems fine to drive through during the day just not night time in newcastle around the foreshore. i guess they are tryin to stop the idots but picking on well maintain performance cars isnt the way

well that sucks...

its ok, the drinks at the pub were watered down, so we had a shitty night too... and chubbs made a dick of himself :cheers:

hope no one copped shit too bad...

So it was more a scare tactic rather then a big hitting, massively defecting setup?

From what ive heard - most defects were fairly trivial items... then again, I may not have heard everythign yet!!

the whole two standards thing with the cops last nite is completely true some of you guys that posted before me talking about the contaminated brake fluid or watever is not even a real reason i personally think but to defect you for such a bogus reason ant let people like my mate with his L200 ute with no side mirrors, no hi beam, and is lower than pauline hansons self esteem, is crap his car is 99.9% bog too and u cant have more than one person in it if u dont want to scrub out continuously, so i dont know whats going on i guess some of the police down there had a heart and knew the true evil of what they were doing and decided to make a few little differences

my mate also asked the cop that let him go if he could buy him a carton of beer lol, he refused....

aren't most defects fairly trivial?

pod, bov, loose floor mats...

I wouldn't call a high mount turbo setup, any custom manifolds or even an EPA emissions test trivial.

That is some heavy work to get those engineered and passed 'after' a defect. Especially if you have to go back to the pits to get it cleared for the first two.

Do you bolt your floor mats down so that you can't get defected for "loose floor mats"? :bunny:

Sounds ridiculous to me. Getting targetted when you are not the ones misbehaving. And the fact that the application of the "law" is so inconsistent only makes it all the more frustrating for those who modify their cars as the goal-posts keep moving and some cops just write whatever they want on the sticker anyway.

how can three diff states have 3 diff rulings

Because the government management of roads is state-based, not national.

On the plus side, it has traditionally meant that if you got done for speeding in another state you wouldn't lose points off your license.

Yes Noise polution is the only thing that makes a BOV illegal, Which sucks and blows.

Like SA you can have a POD as long as it does not move but here in NSW you can have one as long as you can see it ( BOXED IN) stupid and this is because it increases noise either out the pod or the exhaust.

My 2 cents

Wrong, wrong, wrong. BOV's are fitted to AFM cars as an emission device, and blocking them or fitting an atmo one makes a huge difference

Because the government management of roads is state-based, not national.

On the plus side, it has traditionally meant that if you got done for speeding in another state you wouldn't lose points off your license.

They closed that loophole about 10 years ago.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. BOV's are fitted to AFM cars as an emission device, and blocking them or fitting an atmo one makes a huge difference

What tha! BOV's are there to vent of boost after WOT to stop it heading back to the turbo causing it to slow and reducing throttle response and in the case of higher boost damage. Venting to the atmo is very illegal and in the case of AFM if it is not vented back it upsets your AFR's and the ECU over fuels the injectors. Blocking them off is only if you want "fully sik flutter" :P

Having an atmo bov makes f**k all difference, as does an in properly fitted (half arsed box) pod filter.

Your better off using a performance replacement filter for the stock airbox.

Plus it makes it much more legal.

They closed that loophole about 10 years ago.

Really? I've picked up infringements in other states, but they're not mentioned when I check the RTA web site for my license details.

Edited by scathing