SAU Community

Southern Cross Phillip Gym Membership To Transfer

Hi all, this is grossly off topic for this website... but anyway I'm looking to transfer my full access membership at the Southern Cross Health Club in Phillip as I'm moving overseas.

So for anyone who is umming and ahhing about getting into shape (or has friends family/friends who need to), this is a good deal... you will not have to pay the $199 joining fee, and would only have to see out the 6 months left on the membership instead of the standard year. And since you would be taking over my membership, you'd get the older cheaper rates of $13 a week. That's it - no joining fee, no transfer fee... $13 a week.

And I benefit because I don't have to pay the $199 cancellation fee (ouch).

Cheers.

apparently southern cross gets packed as a mofo...

I go to Deakin, awesome gym but abit out of the way, been thinking about looking at gyms closer. does anyone know what the Gym's are like at Tuggers pool and erindale? hows there equipment? and are they expencive?

Edited by SKYLVIA

Bullet32 and I go to the Southo gym, Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday evenings are almost a no-go with how busy it gets

Any other time of the week I find it pretty good

I go to Deakin, awesome gym but abit out of the way, been thinking about looking at gyms closer. does anyone know what the Gym's are like at Tuggers pool and erindale? hows there equipment? and are they expencive?

Tuggers is pretty small.. and all these HEROES stand and/or sit in the way of equipment and take up space. I went there once, and never went back.

Erindale has improved in the past 12 months. They've introduced new weights, benches, racks. I've been goin there for about 3 years and it does get abit busy during the evenings.. but the perv makes up for it.

Membership is around $30ish a fortnight.. pool, sauna, pump classes and all that, gym.. and if u refer a friend you get $2 off your fortnightly deductions.

does anyone know what the Gym's are like at Tuggers pool and erindale? hows there equipment? and are they expencive?

I looked at the Tuggers pool one a while back, looked pretty shoddy, and only a small room or two.

I think sutho, although not the biggest is size of all the gyms, has the most useful equipment. I went to CISAC for a while, but although it was massive in area, seemed to be lacking a few key machines. I think all gyms get crazy on mondays after work when people remember how fat they are.

On thing I can say about CISAC is it has better eye candy. There's no attractive chicks at sutho :D

Tuggeranong sucks. It is small and doesn't have a good selection of free weights. There is a new one opening next door. Not sure what it will be like.

Southern Cross is one of the best in Canberra but yes it can be busy.

I go to the ANU. Not the main part which gets really busy but the older one next to it. It is part of the weight lifting club so it has all the free weights you could want plus it is nice and cheap :mrt:

what a dumb bell ahohohoho

terrible

anyway, used to go to the Erindale vikings gym when i was in college and it was pretty decent. Was a bit small but was never packed and had all the machines you needed. Also one time i ate too much before going to the gym and, in my friends words, produced the most vomit he has ever seen in his life (in the sink, not machines). Took me so long to get it all down the sink, fun times...

whats all this free weight talk? is that just walk in and use instead of paying to use the gyms facilities?

Free Weights, "Free Wait" Haha thats awesome, spat some coffee on my keyboard