SAU Community

R33 Remapped Ecus

Yes, you guys heard correctly. I know that everyone says r33 ecus are impossible to remap, but I have two of them right here.

I have for sale 2 remapped r33 ecus. As i'm sure you're all aware, when you up the boost on the stock ecu, timing is retarded severly, and the mixtures go really rich.

Both of the remapped ecus eliminate rich and retard. Ignition timing is advanced quite significantly throughout the rev range too, so they should make more power, more torque, be more responsive and have faster turbo spool.

I bought both of these ecus off the forums here, but I have had a change of plan for my car. They are both from famous japanese tuning companies. The ecus suit r33 rb25, with stock afm and stock injectors. Works to optimise the stock turbo, or aftermarket turbo (up to the power level that the stock injectors and afm support). Runs perfectly on 98 octane petrol (yes, they have been tested with a wideband air fuel ratio meter).

Price: 500 each TO YOUR DOOR via express post .

Edit: forgot to say, speed limiter has also been removed (of course :thumbsup: )

Edited by MANWHORE

Hey dude.. where are you located?

Also where did you get these from?

Am i able to test it before i purchase it?

Is it suitable for stock side mount? and then later suited for a fmic if i ever get one? or even a 34 side mount?

Currently just got full exhuast, pod, and little tad more boost..

Got any graph figures?

This ecu suited for a Series 2 manual?

If i do get this ecu, can a tuner be able to check it on dyno? and maybe even tune it a bit?

Or is the ROM untune able?

Got any pics?

Also if i sell this ecu, can i just put standard ecu back in without any problems?

cheers

edit: also how lean and rich is this ecu? if that makes sense?

Edited by siddr20

Hi sid

I'll try and answer all of your questions.

I'm located in st ives

The ecus are from japanese tuning companies (but works with 98 octane petrol fine)

of course you're able to test it first. I would prefer that you did - that way, we're all happy. I'm not here to sell stuff that isn't suited to people's car.

It most definitely is suited to the stock, fmic or 34 sidemount. Refer to my post above. Once you increase airflow to a certain level, car will go rich and retard. the map on my ecu doesn't do this. Even with the stock sidemount, it'll make more power, torque etc, because it has more timing everywhere

dyno graph is useless, because power is dependant on mods. I don't believe in dynos. I don't care about power figures. I much rather road testing with a wideband o2 sensor. Knock can be monitored by monitoring knock sensor voltage on a laptop

sII manual - haven't tested it on an sII manual. Worked perfectly on an sI manual.

You're most welcome to test it on a dyno. The ecu has a chip socket in it now, so if a tuner knows how to remap it again, sure, he can burn a chip and put it in.

You sure can - unplug it and plug the other one back in

yep. one was sold to me.

it seems like its normal from around idle - 3k rpm then its all smiles from then on. i felt a difference straight away.

and the fact that it can be re-tuned via a new chip (i didnt know that) is even better.

thanks mate. will keep you posted on my 1/4 times.