SAU Community

V35 Coupe Fuel Econemy

Out of interest...

What mods have you guys got?

What petrol do you fill 'er up with?

How far do you get on your tank?

Auto or Manual?

City or Highway driving?

I've got a catback Impul Exhaust, Impul tuned ECU, K&N Air Filter.

I've been using BP ultimate extreme or whatever they call it.

Averaging around 450km's to a tank.

Auto

50/50 City and Highway

Edited by ScottKing GTS-4

I'm currently getting around the 13.5L/100km. It's a bit higher than others have posted, but I've only had the car a few weeks, so most of time, there's a bit of hard driving going on:-)

• 1 month later...
Just got 648kms out of the last week n a half! :)

Driving to Byron Bay sitting on most speed limits I got 12.3 km/l or 8.1l/100km. Around town I get about 9.6km/l which is excellent from a 3.5l engine and 1550kg - results due partly from the low Cd of 0.28 and zero lift aerodynamics

• 1 month later...
Driving to Byron Bay sitting on most speed limits I got 12.3 km/l or 8.1l/100km. Around town I get about 9.6km/l which is excellent from a 3.5l engine and 1550kg - results due partly from the low Cd of 0.28 and zero lift aerodynamics

Hi consider this.

My one shows up 6.4km/l or 16l/100km in sydney daily driving is way too high????

Does any one has any idear what is going on with that? Proberly with O2 senser?????

Hi consider this.

My one shows up 6.4km/l or 16l/100km in sydney daily driving is way too high????

Does any one has any idear what is going on with that? Proberly with O2 senser?????

Does seem quite high Frank,

I'm sitting on around 9.4km/L in sydney traffic. That's taking it quite easy though. But I love it, 70km's a day and the guage only moves a notch or so per day.

Cheers

Bobby

Does seem quite high Frank,

I'm sitting on around 9.4km/L in sydney traffic. That's taking it quite easy though. But I love it, 70km's a day and the guage only moves a notch or so per day.

Cheers

Bobby

Yeh, I think I need to get some details check as i am way to much on fuel,

What I am afraid is something in engine is wrong.

I need someone in inner west good at Skyline/350Z to check it.

Bobby, do you has any idear?

Yeh, I think I need to get some details check as i am way to much on fuel,

What I am afraid is something in engine is wrong.

I need someone in inner west good at Skyline/350Z to check it.

Bobby, do you has any idear?

send "scathing" a PM. He's had a bit of work done on his 350z so should be able to point you in the right direction.

• 7 months later...

I have regularly been getting low 7's according to the computer over the past couple of months, all city driving, bumper to bumper, barely moving an hour each way. Is this where it should be, or is it too low? When I do get to drive on an open road (i.e. late at night), the economy is much better, around 10ish, so I'm assuming its just due to the traffic.

This is an interesting thread...

What driving styles do you guys use? If manual, what RPM do you shift at.

Also, what can we do (besides babying the throttle) to remain as economical as possible when not fanging around? Any good fuel economy mods?

Has anyone used anything other than 98 RON? The Yanks use 91 and seem to run fine?

US fuel is different as it has a different rating system. Off the top of my head I believe that 91 is close to the 98 we use.

My car is achieving fantastic fuel economy, with average klms per tank getting up in the very high 500's (without the fuel light glowing when filled). I recall one mid to high 600's tank, but that tank had a few fair few highway klms. I would love to do an open road trip as I am sure 800 could be possible.

I am fairly good, maybe baby it a little too much at times. I find that it does not need a lot of revs to get the job done (however do not under rev). I must look at my average shift points, as I do it more by sound and feel than anything else.

US fuel is different as it has a different rating system. Off the top of my head I believe that 91 is close to the 98 we use.

My car is achieving fantastic fuel economy, with average klms per tank getting up in the very high 500's (without the fuel light glowing when filled). I recall one mid to high 600's tank, but that tank had a few fair few highway klms. I would love to do an open road trip as I am sure 800 could be possible.

I am fairly good, maybe baby it a little too much at times. I find that it does not need a lot of revs to get the job done (however do not under rev). I must look at my average shift points, as I do it more by sound and feel than anything else.

Hey Graeme,

Yep I would agree, and am getting pretty much the same. When i had the auto i drove from Sydney to Canberra, reset the fuel computer and it said on a full tank i would get 800 and something, so your comment is spot on.

Ahh, I didn't know that about US fuel, but Wikipedia to the rescue:

In most countries (including all of Europe and Australia) the "headline" octane that would be shown on the pump is the RON, but in the United States, Canada and some other countries the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, sometimes called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI), Road Octane Number (RdON), Pump Octane Number (PON), or (R+M)/2. Because of the 8 to 10 point difference noted above, this means that the octane in the United States will be about 4 to 5 points lower than the same fuel elsewhere: 87 octane fuel, the "regular" gasoline in the US and Canada, would be 91-92 in Europe. However most European pumps deliver 95 (RON) as "regular", equivalent to 90-91 US (R+M)/2, and even deliver 98 (RON) or 100 (RON).

According to this, US 91 RON is close to our 95-96. Interesting.

Are you doing City kms for the high 500s??

Just a question guys. How many litres to fill up?

There seems to be a huge range in fuel economy and it's all better than my r34gtt which gets 300klms per 50 litres.