SAU Community

It's On: Unofficial Great Ocean Road Cruise

cheez

ive added my phone number to the original post. please note it and if any1 is running late msg or call me and i will have the cruise wait for you. i wont wait 30-40mins coz u slept in but i will wait up to an extra 15mins.

LOL! putting your phone number in an open forum??

Have the police rang you yet? :D

Can't wait for this cruise :)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL! putting your phone number in an open forum??

Have the police rang you yet? :)

Can't wait for this cruise :bunny:

let them ring, i will just be saying its a free world and we are a group of car enthusiasts that want to go for a cruise on a nice day.

plus bonus if they call, will change our route slightly to avoid them. lol.

Ill be in with a couple of mates most likely. Only issue I can see is police. I know this may sound stupid but has there ever been any trouble with police on these cruises? I cant see any issues arising driving wise due to the sedate nature, however what about "random" checks?

Ill be in with a couple of mates most likely. Only issue I can see is police. I know this may sound stupid but has there ever been any trouble with police on these cruises? I cant see any issues arising driving wise due to the sedate nature, however what about "random" checks?

well yeh there has never been any issues, every1 behaves and all will be well. it will be blatantly obvious that its a cruise due to the amount of cars so hopefully they wont be so stupid as to pull 1 over as we would all have to stop and get out and chat to the cops. imagine that, 100 people getting out of 50 cars coz 2 cops wanna do a license check? :D

list updated

Funnily enough a few of my mates and I were thinking of heading down to anglesea next w/e for a cruise along GOR lol. Seeing as I have a place down there we'll be staying sat night so theres a possibility we'll probably come meet up with you guys there. Is it meeting at torquay or anglesea?

there is a stop in anglesea first, opposite the shell servo. we'll utilise the road side parking and the parking at the playground to accomodate the cars.

we'll hopefully make angelsea around 11:30 odd.

might see u there

there is a stop in anglesea first, opposite the shell servo. we'll utilise the road side parking and the parking at the playground to accomodate the cars.

we'll hopefully make angelsea around 11:30 odd.

might see u there

Im not questioning your planning at all, but will there be enough room and parking?? Im thinking mass chaos with this many cars.

Once again cant wait!!

Im not questioning your planning at all, but will there be enough room and parking?? Im thinking mass chaos with this many cars.

Once again cant wait!!

to be honest i am hoping that we can all squeeze in the area, otherwise it would be a drive straight through to apollo. like last time, we had 27 cars all park on the street, still had plenty of area around us to park, and then u got car park and a street next to the shell servo.

we will leave in a similar mannor as last time, 2 cars block traffic towards apollo, every 1 takes off from the street and car park and side street and the 2 blockers bring up the rear.

ill be able to explain better when we there.

man dan with that many cars i dear say the cops are going to show :D and if that happen's my day will be rurended :D .

also i emailed ignition dvd in a late minute hope they will come down and film the event esperly since they haven't done a melbourne hot spot.

every one email ignition dvd about the cruise and tell them to come down :D:)

[email protected]

chears brentt

Don't stress about the Police guys, there is only a couple of policemen on duty between Torquay and Apollo Bay.

Last time i got pulled over the Sergent just wanted to have a look and a chat and let me go on my merry way.

It's the speed cameras you've got to worry about. :D

Doners im in! Any chance of a south east pre meet? Glenny area?

LOL philmak! Good that you can come along too :rofl:

Was thinking of gathering together near STI docklands before crusing together to the first meet point.

Anybody want to do that first?

philmak uve been added to the list, only 7 days to go guys. ITS NEXT SUNDAY :rofl:

58 CARS CONFIRMED

15 STILL UNSURE

UNKNOWN NS AMOUNT

Edited by cheez

hey guys thought i would shear this new with you.

andrew hawkens who is the producer of ignition dvd and owns jet 200 (check out current hot4s) got back to me and said they would have loved to come come down and wont to but will be covering the powercruise in qld that weekend and only have one film crew. also they WONT cars form melbourne so just send specs and some good pics to the guys at ignition dvd.

i will do another crusie looking at nov and will inform ingnition dvd in advance so they can come. i will put up a new thread about this.

You can count Godzilla and Godzilla Jnr in, now all we need is a picnic hamper and we will have the perfect family day out. lol

Hopefully godzilla will be ready in time after it got killed by the wife..............im trying to resurrect it as we speak,

im just waiting for that final lighting bolt...........and it will be ALIVE!!!!!!

Hey Princess, i guess you might be coming now then? lol Catcha at work on monday man.

Alright i'll confirm that I'll be coming along with some mates. We'll meet you at Anglesea. Lol i can't wait to see the look on people's faces there (generally a very quiet town) when we all pull up :cheers: