SAU Community

Wsid 11/7

B-Man

hehehe... thats an awesome first attempt though :D getting the 60fts down is the hardest thing i reckon! i usually range from 1.8 (best run) to 2.2... i dread going back out there cause i'll be back to square 1 :D

i do want to know 2rismos technique :D all i remember doing it slipping the clutch a lil then all hell breaks loose! lol!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lolz i was in ONE of the 3-4 of the White R33 Gts25t that night with GTR32 rims up front and 300zx (z32) rims on the rear and the BIG white HKS sticker across the windscreen.

you should of done the burnout, still helps on street rubber just no need to do a monster SMOKEY one. (cough) but seems to work for Moanie on her street rubber(cough) sub 2.0 60ft on 225 federals ey.

Yea I think my first time I was getting 2.5 60ft's with et of like 14.5.

It's all about the launch and getting it right!

I want to get into the 13s!! DAmmit! Best so far is 14.035 with 2.1 60ft :D

Lolz i was in ONE of the 3-4 of the White R33 Gts25t that night with GTR32 rims up front and 300zx (z32) rims on the rear and the BIG white HKS sticker across the windscreen.

you should of done the burnout, still helps on street rubber just no need to do a monster SMOKEY one. (cough) but seems to work for Moanie on her street rubber(cough) sub 2.0 60ft on 225 federals ey.

lol!!! for me its not so much the warm tyres as its for the smoke show.. think after all the stalls and bad attempts, i revel in the fact that i can do a semi decent one :laugh:

I miss my sig :domokun: what happened to it :(

yeah the silver one was mine. i saw a few white 33s there but didnt get the chance to talk. which car were you in?

it makes a bit over 250kw on the dyno so i was expecting much better times. obviously something wrong with my technique.

tyres are bridgestone s03n 255/17 at the rear. i lowered them to 24psi but did not do any burnouts been told they(burnouts) are ineffective with street tyres.

ive tried a normal take off which was my second run, launched with 2500rpm (as what Ben told me to try) it bogged down intially then as soon as it hits 4000-4500rpm (full boost) wheel spin began again until second gear :laugh:

rubbish.smoke thosse tyres up.the tracks coating reacts to a tyre's heat.

i went half a second quicker after i smoked the tyres good.learn how to do a burnout starting in 2nd gear.it wont break anything.just dont go dumping it like you would in 1st gear.prolong the burnout.

you should be able to get much better grip off the line.but another thing.dont just dump it.

if you have a dyno sheet have a look at where the torque of the engine kicks in and or when boost starts to ramp on hard.launch just below that so at least the car is in motion when your power really starts to kick in and you should feel it give you a harder shove in the seat than you have previously experienced because your not wheelspining your tyres are gripping.hopefully :domokun:

and if you can get you head arround to slipping the clutch and feeding the acc on the launch to reduce wheelspin thatd be the way to go also.you will find less wheelspin and faster times.

and get quick as u can.smooth gear changes.

Assume most of you guys are using drag radials? If so, what tyre pressure are you running?

Drop them down to 13-15psi if you're not doing so already. Add in a decent burnout (2nd gear) and launch the car by slipping the clutch from 5000-5500rpm (2rismo assured me I wouldn't break anything by doing this and I'm happy to say I haven't done so yet :D ) and you should see an easy 1.8** 60' time or better.

Takes a bit of practise and I've stuffed it up enough times to know, but when done right, there's nothing stopping you from dropping all the way to 1.6** 60'.

Save a tenth at the 60' mark and you should drop at least 2 tenths off your ET :)

GooD luck CHris! remember:

-remove spare tyre+tools/jack

-1/4 tank of fuel

-lower tyre pressure to 20-25psi

-NICE BIG BURNOUT FOR MOANIE!

-DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!<as 2rismo would say>

ooh and skip dinner too for less weight :)

gee that serious, maybe I should get someone shorter and skinner than me to drive my car ,i'm over 100kgs.Any get skinny quick ideas?????

haha...yeah crash diet for quicker times...

i was 125kgs before i lost weight....weight reduction of 30-35kgs...gotta be doing something....

good luck....but im stuck at work