SAU Community

Dyno Reads Dangerously Lean

SKYRYAN

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wrote earlier: "and will the car be running rich after a bigger fuel pump is installed?"

Yes if your stock pump is f**ked and you replace it with an appropriate working pump then your mixtures will richen up, provided nothing else is causing it to lean out like the AFM/ECU etc.

The car will run as rich as the ECU desires, no more. which could be 10-11:1 or so at WOT

K?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about to make a reasonably large purchase from nengun (diff/clutch pedal bracket/master cylinder stopped/Cs short shifter), I'll let you know how it goes.

just got back from hyperdrive and had the same prob...

they reccomended the 040, said bout 550? i think.. for them to modify it and fit it.

not to bad i think......but if theres a direct replacment thatd be heaps better....

is the tomei one a direct replacement or does it need modifying?

They told me $550 too.

I don't want the bosch coz they don't have a pickup at the bottom of the pump. So if ur fuel tank is low or you go round corners hard it might struggle to suck up some petrol.

I think this Tomei one and the nismo one fit in a bit better too.

Or you can go for a GTR pump I'm told but meh.

If you decide to buy a pump and install yourself wanna do them at the same time? I wanna try do mine myself, just for fun. I think a few shops I asked said about 1.5 hrs labour to install.

yeh id be up for that...but if u get the tomei one get it from performance wise.....just goin thru then, there 360 delivered instead of 389 on nengun...

so thats what ill be gettin..may even splurge on a nismo one.

dont think it would be that hard to change.....*famous last words*

also they said the pickup on the bosch would have to be modified, they change the fittings for it. so the pickup would be ok on the bosch one.

This is very strange, but I was at hyperdrive last week and was told the same thing......gtr running dangerously lean....and recommended to change to a Bosh also. $550.

Are all our pumps stuffed..????..

I've been taking it easy till I get another pump and/or re-dyno.

Cheers,

Edited by PX29

I got a re-dyno at Top Racing after I went to Hyperdrive and got the same problem. So I think Hyperdrive's dyno is fine - we are just all owners of shitty aged fuel pumps lol.

I got a re-dyno at Top Racing after I went to Hyperdrive and got the same problem. So I think Hyperdrive's dyno is fine - we are just all owners of shitty aged fuel pumps lol.

that just happen to pack in within a month of each other, lol, wonder whos is next?

Well I was talking to Hyperdrive about a surgetank when I went down and they said don't bother, they run 044's intank in all their drift cars and have no problems with surge under hard cornering/low fuel levels. Don't quote me :P but they quoted me $220 to install the 044 (including fittings) because I already have the pump (got it for $214.50 delivered off ebay).

It came with a few fittings but they were meant for external use, Hyperdrive were going to supply the fittings required to go from the sock filter to the standard fuel line output. The pump is essentially bare with threads either end, you can source the fittings yourself but I figured it easier to let Hyperdrive get what they need :P

I'm in.. I don't know who they are but let me know what price they can do!

Guys, ask for a price on 3, I'm interested in the Tomei or Nismo for a R32 GTR.

Let me know.

cheers,

Edited by PX29