SAU Community

Leaking Gt-r

Minko

Have a lot of water comming out of the back of my R32's engine, any idea what it could be? Looked top & bottom but cant figure out what it is. Dont want to pull the intake etc off yet.

If its welsh plugs, do i have to pull the engine? :P

Most of the waters off the shaft & a bit off the gearbox

post-10131-1184550764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Minko

Have a lot of water comming out of the back of my R32's engine, any idea what it could be? Looked top & bottom but cant figure out what it is. Dont want to pull the intake etc off yet.

If its welsh plugs, do i have to pull the engine? :P

Most of the waters off the shaft & a bit off the gearbox

Grab a mirror and a good flexi light and have a good look under the intake plenum. You have a heap of pre-heat type hoses under there. Also have a good look at your heater hoses at the intake and firewall.

As for replacing the welch plugs in the car some can be (if your willing to pull nearly everything off which is a pita) and some can't be (back of the head).

I feel your panic (and pain). lol

Cheers

Had this happen to me a little while back. Theres a small hose associated with the cooling system at the back of the engine. Mine had split in it and was replaced by a local workshop.

havent found the problem yet :D anyone know where i can get the part number for the coolant hoses? might as well replace them while there out.

Found a few vac(?) lines not connected, anyone know how these 3 are hooked up? Dont think they have been connected for a while so not sure

post-10131-1184815575_thumb.jpg

mate they look like the coolant hoses for the heat exchanger not vac lines

and you need a new camera :-)

Its a crappy camera phone :laughing-smiley-014:

You sure? i certainly didnt disconnect them & the coolant was only dripping down not heaps like would come out of those tubes. + they look to be on this diagram, but of course it doesnt show how they connect up

post-10131-1184826671_thumb.jpg