SAU Community

Birth Of An Rb25

2rismo

in that case i hope it does otherwise your going to be up for some exhaust manifold mods, as your compressor housing is tight now. wont get anything bigger on.

Going to run the GT35 hard and then swap for something bigger. Either a 42 or a 51R. That is provided it the 35R won't do what I want. If it does, then there will be no need to change it.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know better than that. I wouldn't even consider using the same manifold and modifying it. Besides, they're all different flanges.

the driveability of the 30/40 is excellent, have fitted this turbo to half a dozen r33s, two auto, the majority of these with standard internalls. adrians with the bigger exhaust housing due to the engine mods and use of gas. you be silly to upgrade to anything smaller. I would seriously consider gt42 if it is a auto race car.

all-so finished the pressure side of the oil system, ran hose around radiator and through inline filter on driver-side chassis rail. there is a good 2 meters of -12 hose which eliminates the need for an oil cooler. mounted filter in a bosch fuel pump bracket.

my work is almost done.

is that length of hose going to effect the oil pressure at all?

No and the pump itself has some scope for pressure adjustment even if it did. The pump is considerably more robust and powerful than the stocker.

the pump is designed to be plumbed in this manner, hose length also substitutes for oil cooler, not that a drag car needs one.

the pump is designed to be plumbed in this manner, hose length also substitutes for oil cooler, not that a drag car needs one.

No, but filthy yellow circuit machinas do :P

Man my turbo is going to look tiny as a highmount compared to that.Maybe a GT3082 is on the cards :laugh:

Have you mounted it yet?? You should find it doesn't look tiny, we've had a GT3076R and a GT3582R next to each other - the GT3076R does not look a hell of a lot smaller at all.

2Rismo - considering GT42RS?? Why did you bother going a GT3582R if you had the idea you might go something that big down the track :(

Have you mounted it yet?? You should find it doesn't look tiny, we've had a GT3076R and a GT3582R next to each other - the GT3076R does not look a hell of a lot smaller at all.

2Rismo - considering GT42RS?? Why did you bother going a GT3582R if you had the idea you might go something that big down the track :)

The 35R is a legacy of the last incarnation of the car/engine. I plan on pushing it pretty hard and I think the results will surprise. I'm a long way away from a turbo upgrade.

whens your wedding?

Oh 'Drain - I think you owe me a drive of this when it's ready :D or atleast maybe get some of you guys taking me and my groomsmen for my wedding. Chuck a skid and that.

I plan on pushing it pretty hard and I think the results will surprise. I'm a long way away from a turbo upgrade.

Haha I know the GT3582Rs are underestimated by many, would love to see one pushed to the limit on an RB25. So long as you go 1.06a/r turbine housing you will possibly blow people away, I've known people to run near 150mph on them.

So long as you go 1.06a/r turbine housing you will possibly blow people away, I've known people to run near 150mph on them.

That's what the doctor ordered, mate.

IMG_0095.jpg

wtf, if you are only a possibillity of beating people running 150mph, then i think we should pack it up know.

Haha I know the GT3582Rs are underestimated by many, would love to see one pushed to the limit on an RB25. So long as you go 1.06a/r turbine housing you will possibly blow people away, I've known people to run near 150mph on them.