SAU Community

Gtr R33 Engine Missfire At 5k ?

Hi guys I couldn't find anything on the search...

I have my mate up from VIC we went for cruise everything ok, filled car with BP Ultimate ( Always runs on BP apparently ) 20 minutes after that the engine starts to miss fire splutter and fart to itself once it hits 5k when you give her some boot, but doesn't splutter when you gradually give her some gas and she will go right thru the rev range no problem and flat rev in neutral no problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys I couldn't find anything on the search...

I have my mate up from VIC we went for cruise everything ok, filled car with BP Ultimate ( Always runs on BP apparently ) 20 minutes after that the engine starts to miss fire splutter and fart to itself once it hits 5k when you give her some boot, but doesn't splutter when you gradually give her some gas and she will go right thru the rev range no problem and flat rev in neutral no problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Are you running standard coils still? might be your coils playing up.Have you checked your spark plugs?

Are you running standard coils still? might be your coils playing up.Have you checked your spark plugs?

yup still running standard coils :)....plugs were replaced a few months ago with NGK's.

I'll have the coils checked on monday as they are prolly the only thing that hasnt been replaced to date,

thanx for the help..

Make sure your plugs are correctly gapped and as said above check your coils. May have also been a bad batch of fuel. RB's don't like low octane and they especially don't like it if they aren't already getting a strong enough spark. What boost are you running? Had you changed it prior to the problem starting?