SAU Community

Price Of The Current V35

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to much as it drops a lot in the first 12 months and after the 2 to 3 year mark the drop slows down, also now the dollar is so strong people are buying more cars then they would normally and more people bidding on them keeps the price strong.

I want to replace mine with a newer model and the price in Japan is the same as to what I spent 12 months ago, it is more the dollar is stronger which makes it cheaper in Japan to buy nothing more.

It will vary from model to model and even day to day over their it amazes me some times as I look at sale prices every day which dictates a lot.

if you mean a drop in the price of V35's in australia, then no

i think the release of the V37 doesn't affect us for 2 reasons:

1) the cars are new and thus expensive - people that are going to spend that much rarely import cars but rather buy locally so that they get a warranty etc

2) people have to get SEVS compliance for the car before it can be rought it - if we look back to what that involves, they have to buy a car and wreck it for testing to prove its compliance. not many companies could afford to do that just yet

in short, the V35 won't be dropping for a few years until the V37 starts to filter through to our shores, and this is a while away in my opinion...

the only thing that worries me is dealers bringing in crap cars for cheap prices.

i got a mail yesterday from Prestige for a 2003 coupe for ~$28000

there's always going to be a base model going around with no features (eg no premium pack), high kms, etc..

Klm's flicked and had a good hit also helps to get a cheap one,

Dealers are trying to buy as low a klm as they can I am talking 160 single klm and a grade 5 A, I know on one dealer with 9 in stock with less then 15,000 klm's, most buyers these days on the V35 understand why a good car cost's that little extra and they understand why others are cheaper.

you can't bring in cars that have been in an accident under the SEVS system...

Yes but dealers in Japan can offer them for sale to personal importers and dodgy dealers....... it is when they turn up that the problems start and the dealer in Japan has forgotten about you already as he has his money.

coz i am thinking ... when G37 comes out in Jap, V35 in Japan would have a further price drop... hence affect the price in Aus... :P

i am sourcing one now ... but haven't decided if i should go buy locally or importing one myself.... i can see savings of around 4K if importing myself...

coz i am thinking ... when G37 comes out in Jap, V35 in Japan would have a further price drop... hence affect the price in Aus... :laugh:

i am sourcing one now ... but haven't decided if i should go buy locally or importing one myself.... i can see savings of around 4K if importing myself...

For $4k I wouldn't take the risk. I bought off a local dealer after test driving the car and checking it out properly. I picked it up the next day. Why would you want to send your money up front for a car you cant drive or inspect and wait for 12 to 16 weeks until it finally turns up and maybe gets licensed? It would have to be a much bigger difference than $4K for me to personally import one. But everyone to their own.

For $4k I wouldn't take the risk. I bought off a local dealer after test driving the car and checking it out properly. I picked it up the next day. Why would you want to send your money up front for a car you cant drive or inspect and wait for 12 to 16 weeks until it finally turns up and maybe gets licensed? It would have to be a much bigger difference than $4K for me to personally import one. But everyone to their own.

well... after further looking at the prices and negotiating with local sellers... they are pretty firm on their prices and the saving is now 6K..... would save around 7 to 8K if buying from dealer...

i got 9k off the advertised price when i got mine (from a dealer), so they are in no way firm on prices if you go in actually looking to buy.

of course, if you just go to enquire then they won't give at all because there's no point unless they know you are serious

i got 9k off the advertised price when i got mine (from a dealer), so they are in no way firm on prices if you go in actually looking to buy.

of course, if you just go to enquire then they won't give at all because there's no point unless they know you are serious

$9K .... that's alot.... !!

the thing is .... most of the reasonably priced ones are from private sellers.... ...

dealer ones all prices around 40K ... more or less depends on whether if it's the premium or not...

after reviewing the recent aution price of the 350GT... it's quite possible to bring one in around $28k...

mmm... i only make around 3K a month... so to save up 4K it's gonna take me around 4 month...

i hate financial constrains.... :pirate:

Due to no one passing ADR 79 with the V35 to date nothing newer then 12/2005 can come in and lets believe what gets spammed out because if they were that cheap dealers would buy off him.
Edited by Shaun

Was in the market recently for a coupe premium model and cant believe the price range. For a 03 model prices go from low thirtys and up to 50-60k. I cant see a justification for the ones in the higher price range considering that they can be picked up for similiar quality in high 30's and low 40's.

Was in the market recently for a coupe premium model and cant believe the price range. For a 03 model prices go from low thirtys and up to 50-60k. I cant see a justification for the ones in the higher price range considering that they can be picked up for similiar quality in high 30's and low 40's.

i was in the market for a while...

low 30s ones all have some sort of accident history......

getting one imported myself now~

I'm thinking of selling my coupe end of this year early next.

(Need 4 door and lease for business)

I've owned it for 2 years It had done 6,000kms (now 40,000)

Grade 5A

Pretty much same condition as when I got it

20" wheels

Whiteline swaybars

Premium half leather

Manual 6 speed

HKS Supercharger kit

What would be a fair price?

Hardest part is finding a replacement now I've been spoilt.

It's just the wife and I now the kids have their own cars or are moving out

post-98-1186028661_thumb.jpg

post-98-1186028718_thumb.jpg

post-98-1186028827_thumb.jpg