SAU Community

Diy; The Hood Hack.

403_r32

yes... it has been done to my mates gtr... the result is great to look at and yes you do need to get bonnet resprayed oto cover the cutting marks.. he didnt get it sprayed wen he did his statesman and the paint peeld

could only find couple shots of end result

by the way legality wise aside has NEVER had a problem with the law about it and has been pulled over countless times for other "situations"

post-30239-1223706911_thumb.jpg

post-30239-1223706970_thumb.jpg

how did it go in the rain? looks like your vents are directly over your air pod and the other sections seem to go over pipes which is not a problem.

yes... it has been done to my mates gtr... the result is great to look at and yes you do need to get bonnet resprayed oto cover the cutting marks.. he didnt get it sprayed wen he did his statesman and the paint peeld

could only find couple shots of end result

by the way legality wise aside has NEVER had a problem with the law about it and has been pulled over countless times for other "situations"

great idea for getting rid of underbonnet temps when the car is stationary, and improving intake... but you're totally screwing the air channeling that goes on under the bonnet. smarter idea would be to cut those vents towards the back of the bonnet so when you're going at speed the air comes into the front, cools your parts and then goes out the back... instead of air coming in and straight out through your holes.

not bad DIY, but has anyone taken some real temperature measurements before and after cutting them?

• 2 weeks later...
not bad DIY, but has anyone taken some real temperature measurements before and after cutting them?

no i asked him the same q' after it was done.. but i tell ya what.. when it gets back from the tuners i'll thro a stocker bonnet on it and take some temps

definatly rids heat but how much is anyones guess

• 2 months later...