SAU Community

Car Wont Fire Anymore

Waldo

hi guys, i recently had a flat battery and when i tried to start it it turned over slowly but then my power fc when a bit funny. I replaced the battery and turn the ignition on and the power fc has now reset itself back to its stock map, WTF, anyway car starts but is very rough idle and pours heaps of black rich smoke, so i booked it into the tuner to get tuned..but i decided to change afm since the rb20 one was maxed out in the last tune, so i went with the q45 afm, its all wired up sweet done a sensor check on the power fc everything reads fine, but now the car just turns over and does not fire one bit, so i put the old afm back on and it still does the same thing, so i pressume its nothing to do with the afm's. I havent checked as of yet if i have spark or not, but does anyone else know what what i could check on why it isnt firing anymore. My 32 has:

rb20det

td06-20g

gtr injectors

power fc

bosch fuel pump

tomei cams

nismo headgasket

power fc boost kit

hks front mount

thanks,

luke

Edited by Waldo

Check you have fuel pressure...

Then check your plugs.....you could have flooded the motor with fuel.

If they are ok...then your powerfc may have to be tuned...because if it reset..the injectors

would have not have been entered...nor your afm....

Hope this is of some help...

Ok i checked for spark thats all good and well, i also have heaps of fuel pressure, i have entered the injectors into the power fc and selected the q45 afm and still no good, doesnt even fire one tiny bit??

take the plugs out and kick the engine over, see how much fuel comes out, if its just spraying its ok. if there's alot its over fueling. try narrow down the problem, like d/c the fuel pump relay then check injector pulse and maybe unplug the injectors them selves.

even try cleaning the coolant temp sensor.

if theres a lack of fuel try blocking the top fuel line that goes to the FPR with ur finger and crank the engine to see if there's pressure.

you will know it if there is >_<

do all that and you will have a better idea what the problem may be