SAU Community

Just Fyi, Fire Extinguisher / Blanket $33 @ Rah

Howie

just thought the south aussies might be interested to know.. the royal adelaide hospital (ground floor, health promotion unit) is selling a fire extinguisher and fire blanket for $33. I haven't checked out the fire extinguisher yet, to see if it's approved for track... but it sounds cheap.

Edited by Howie

Just had a quick look.. it's either a fire blanket OR a fire extinguisher for $33. Not both sorry bout that.

I only got a quick peak at the sign, didn't go right up to inspect the fire extinguisher because i was on the job. It does say for caravans, workshops, etc. So not sure if it's the correct rating.

Edited by Howie

• 2 weeks later...
If it's AB:E I'd definitely be interested.

Hey oosh.. it's a

1a:10b:e

Does that make it an ABE?? btw, they were selling these things at $45 at west lakes.. they're still available from the RAH for $33 though, not sure for how long.

Edited by Howie

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional re: Fire Extinguishers

So I offer this in good faith, but I *might* just be talking crap, so do your own research before making any decisions.

The above being said:

1A 10B:E means it'll do a small class A fire and larger (but still smallish) B,C,D,E fires.

Classes:

A - Wood, paper, etc.

B - Liquids

C - Gas

D - Metal (these are toughest and most incl. this one won't do much good)

E - Electrical

F- Cooking Oils fats - That's where the blanket comes in.

These extinguishers are just good enough to stop a fire getting hold if you move quick enough, but not stop a blaze, that's what the Firey's are for so don't be a hero!

Be aware A:BE dry chemical is super fine, goes EVERYWHERE, and is not real nice on electronics.

So keep it away from your brand new plasma (unless that's on fire).

That's why most business places use Water and CO2, so you might want to consider that around the home, but it isn't as versatile or as effective in most cases.

Just to reiterate:

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional re: Fire Extinguishers