SAU Community

My Four Door Whore R33

long33

well this is my car, i only spoted this section, i dint realise ther were so many 4doors around!!

OWNER

Darren

YEAR/MAKE/MODEL

1993 Nissan Skyline GTS25-T Sedan

ENGINE HARDWARE

Nissan RB25DET Twin Cam Turbocharged 2.5 In-line 6

ENGINE ACCESSORIES

Pod atm

intercooler is sitting in my house awaiting pipes

3" straight thru exhuast w/high flow cat and 4"cannon all madrel bent piping

DRIVETRAIN HARDWARE

Nissan 4speed auto (sadly)

BRAKES & SUSPENSION

Front: stock

Rear: stock

Stock Suspension all round

ROLLING STOCK

Stock 16"alloys

various diff rubber all the time

BODYWORK

Nissan Bluebird blue/grey apparently called "ice green"

INTERIOR

Stock Interior

painted dash componants same colour as car

STEREO COMPONENTS

Pioneer CD Player with Ipod adaptor

VDO 6" SPLITS

6" rear speaker

2x12" subs

2 amps.

PERFORMANCE

Standard i guess

FUTURE PLANS

Install coolerdone

Bodykit maybe?

steering wheel

seats

start putting in some tuning gear, ecu etc

post-34246-1187938965_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1187938997_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1187939025_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1187939032_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1187939043_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1187939077_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1187939120_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1187939140_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

finally put my cooler on after like a month of it lying beside my bed doin nothing.

Decided to do it the easy way and use the origional holes, makes sense rather that having the pipe

full of cold air running into my engine goin over the radiator and heating up its below the cooler stayin cold.

Intercooler $200 bar and plate

Pipes (2.5") $90 with a meter straight run left over, bent by zhaust shop.

Rubber hose and clamps around $120 i think. bunnings and supercheap

6hrs of labour with the misses brother helping- FREE!

tools used-me and alan. lol

took these pics last nite, have since driven it and need to ajust the 180 degree pipe as going over bumps it

gets squashed into the tow hook-solution:- cut off tow hook.

p.s would like to say a big bye bye to my reo bar, sorry to see u gone mwah xxx (lol)

post-34246-1189852354_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1189852363_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1189852375_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1189852381_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1189852389_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1189852400_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1189852409_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1189852417_thumb.jpg

piss off mark lol its OK alrite? not a beast yet but im workin on it. Had 2 ajust the pipes last nite, ripped em off on my driveway, was glad i had about a meter and a half of pipe left over, i cut up and used that. handy. there alil higher no so dnt scrape as much.

yea its standard, very rare tho, was on the spotted thread talking to a guy with a 2 door the same colour. ive only seen max 7 cars with this paint,(a 4door,2door,mine,a bluebird and a jaguar.) its stated as blue/grey on my rego sticker but a few people have said its "ice green" that sounds better lol) id have to repipe the intercooler the regular way before i cud lower this on coilovers (im thinkin of doin this as speed bumps and my drive way are giving me the shits now) and as for the deep dishes i dunno, the way i go thru tire atm im better sticking to stockos at $50 a tire it cant be beaten rather than forking out for 18 inchers all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice looking car Darren, i have the same colour on my four door r33, I've seen one the same in my area too, that and another green and grey one, which doesnt look as good in my opinion.

Im with you about sticking to stock rims, cheap tyres all the way

Im looking at doing a front mount like you have the pictures of. Do you think the front bar restricts the airflow much? because looking at our cars there doesnt seem to be that much room for the air to get in. Oh and kudos for the plates

Jez

• 3 weeks later...
Do you think the front bar restricts the airflow much? because looking at our cars there doesnt seem to be that much room for the air to get in. Oh and kudos for the plates

Jez

yes i think it restricts airflow but not now!!! see pics below!!!

thanks for the plate comments, i love them sooo much! my misses had the biggest nag wen i told her what i wanted to get she was like "get something about u incase u sell the car" (her names sally and her plates are 45ALY, go figure) but im like nahhh, the plates will go with the car wherever it goes, it deserves them took me ages to think them up!!

ps- big thanks to GTR-Geoff from sauqld for the donor bumper below!!(sorry i chopped it up!)

no.1 before

no.2 after

post-34246-1196225031_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1196225043_thumb.jpg

o and yes i have btw since repiped the cooler using a proper piping kit, i regret my first decision-diy piping kit bent by exhaust shop-noooo bingo.

ended up payin twice as much as i needed to but learnt BIG LESSON, do it right the 1st time lol.

also now have a spare, brand new cooler sitting at home if ne one wants to buy it.....

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome with the intercooler showing now. I chopped up my bar somewhat similar to yours. You have three little fins hanging out from the top, you going to take them off?

The bar is very flimsy isnt it? LOL!..

nah i was guna chop the fins off but they add a lil character, gettin an m-spec bumper soon neways so this one will be put aside along wit the stocko aswell.it aint too flimsy either, i thot it wud be thats y i left the original one alone so if i wrecked this one i cud put mine back on but yea im reinforcing it a lil 2day but its actually not too bad atm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...