SAU Community

My Four Door Whore R33

long33

haha i know! def a fire risk so i got over it. making it faster is on the long list of plans, wich has begun as i now have the boost controller workin, need an ecu upgrade next, but before anything else goes on im gettin it serviced and tuned. like to lower it next. anybody know will i need to get new shocks if i put in lower springs?

• 2 weeks later...

the car looks good just wondering why the rear lights were painted an would be interested in the ligts an intercooler like the plates to interesting as people wonder about mine reper33 how hard is that think we should have a day were all the 4 doors go out an play but i must say its a very tuff lookin car

• 4 weeks later...

ok to update this thread. the car has had a major service with dan at ERD, running beautifully now and sitting over 100,000kms

mods done:- Duel-stage boost controller

Blow off valve

Wing removed and car de-badged

Reper33: thanks for the comments, glad u like the car however i am sad to say i still cant understand ur plates!?? please explain...

and as for the rear lights being painted, was just cheaper than buyin the impul covers for them and looks cool, makes the colour flow and

is different to the black rear garnish every other 4door has!

(i think so neway lol)

pics:-

post-34246-1203547791_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1203547990_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1203548085_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1203548203_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

there not covers, i taped up the lights and sprayed the black bits the same colour as the car, bit they look ausome just like a s2 but flush with the car. id love s2 lights but hey mine r different.

Lol! You did such a great job on those lights. you fooled me into thinking they were covers. So how did you get that perfect circle for the lights?

Maybe i should have done this with out spending so much on S2 tail lights.

i have pics i took whilst doin it, ill dig them up 2moro but i basically just used masking tape and a good eye. i love spraying stuff, i tink i was a spraypainter in a past life, so after a wile u get good at it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.
    • Yes that sounds right. Cars currently in the shop for the engine work. Will need to remeasure .. but yes I think I must be targeting 45cm from fender.