SAU Community

Os Giken Twin Plate Clutch In A Daily Driver

To install the os str2cd twin, what additional peices will i require?.....will i need a release and sleeve bering kit aswell like the other os giken twins?.....i just want to price up everything going from a single plate to a twin plate clutch with all parts included, thanks.

To install the os str2cd twin, what additional peices will i require?.....will i need a release and sleeve bering kit aswell like the other os giken twins?.....i just want to price up everything going from a single plate to a twin plate clutch with all parts included, thanks.

You will find that all clutches should come complete with the release bearing ( its a must change when you do a clutch) and all twin plate ( or multy) come with a flywheel too. The only other thing you will need is a spiggot bush and if you want a larger slave with a Nismo twin .

If you go the OS go for the STR clutch, not the competition. If I was you I would use the Nismo , not much different in the cost .

thanks, ive decided on the nismo twin coppermix 640ps, plus nismo fork pivot, braided line and larger slave, might aswell do it all while its open.Is this overkill for a gts25t only runniong and aiming for up to 250-260rwkw?

Edited by nsta

We are on our second OS Giken twin in our GTST. Great clutches, nice and light, easy to use. I wouldnt touch a second hand one though, allt he second hand ones seem to be in need of a rebuild kit and I know numeorus people who have been burnt buying used twin plates.

thanks, ive decided on the nismo twin coppermix 640ps, plus nismo fork pivot, braided line and larger slave, might aswell do it all while its open.Is this overkill for a gts25t only runniong and aiming for up to 250-260rwkw?

250-260 RWKW thats a lot of power, more than double stock power . You could use a lot of different clutches to hold this kind of power but let me tell you the Nismo will hold it easy and it will be very easy to use, it will last a long time as long as you DON'T ride it .

I've got an OS twin plate in my 32 GTR running 270 4wkw and works a treat. It does take a bit of getting used to if you havent used one before or a button clutch, but after an hour or so you'll have it down pat. Not hard on the legs at all, though I have been driving trucks for a while and my R31 daily driver has a exedy heavy duty clutch so you could say my leg has been 'conditioned'. The couple of people who have driven the GTR though and dont normally drive a car with an aftermarket clutch had no problems apart from trying to let it out too quick with not enough revs :blink:

Cheers!

Gagz

well after driving if for a while... I gotta say...

I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!

lol altho if I'm the first at the lights people think I'm being a trafficlight racer each time I take off, and if I'm not first at the lights I gotta leave half a car length so the car dosen't launch into the back of the car in front. But its sooooo nice now... my ATTESA has a field day every time I change gears. And nowhere near as heavy as I expected... had a heavy duty single plate before it, so it's just a touch heavier than that.

n669476048_430959_3761.jpg

Although, the clutch snapped the Release Pivot (i'm guessing it had some wear on it from the last heavy duty jobber), so the fork was wobbling around and not disengaging the clutch properly. had to wait a few days to get the Nismo release pivot, which they recommend for the Nismo twin plates etc. Apparently the stock carbon steel one tends to break when used on twins and heavier. The Nismo ones are chromolly steel and apparently 30% stronger.

n669476048_430971_7104.jpg

n669476048_448186_3774.jpg

n669476048_448185_3297.jpg

Big thanks to JDM Concept for getting it to me really quickly.

I've got the STR2CD 215mm plate twin plate clutch in my R33 gearbox. it is super noisy when you push the clutch pedal in to change gears. All the comments about it handling power and "you'll get use to it" are correct though.

It's embarrasingly loud for a street setup :laughing-smiley-014: , easily audible over a loud'ish 3" exhaust system.