SAU Community

Noise From Rear Of R32 Gtr

Scooby

hope someone can help me out with this, there's a noise that sometimes comes from the rear of the car after shut down. quite loud, but disappears before i can get under the car.

hard part is describing it. it's not a buzzing sound and i don't think it's the fuel pump as it doesn't sound muffled as though it's in the tank. sounds like a small foghorn, lasts for a few seconds then dies away. almost like a seal letting go under pressure and then sealing again as the pressure decreases.

hope someone can help me out with this, there's a noise that sometimes comes from the rear of the car after shut down. quite loud, but disappears before i can get under the car.

hard part is describing it. it's not a buzzing sound and i don't think it's the fuel pump as it doesn't sound muffled as though it's in the tank. sounds like a small foghorn, lasts for a few seconds then dies away. almost like a seal letting go under pressure and then sealing again as the pressure decreases.

sounds like the HICAS rear equalisation pump...evenly distributes the fluid pressure in the rear rack on shutdown.

sounds like the HICAS rear equalisation pump...evenly distributes the fluid pressure in the rear rack on shutdown.

Hi Paul, didn't know they did that. Is there a pump that sits near the ATTESSA pump that does this? Mine no longer has the rear rack but if there's a pump that performs that function maybe it's having a wobbly.

Hi Paul, didn't know they did that. Is there a pump that sits near the ATTESSA pump that does this? Mine no longer has the rear rack but if there's a pump that performs that function maybe it's having a wobbly.

remove the plug from it...its next to the diff on the drivers side from memory.

since i removed all the HICAS gear from mine ive never heard that noise again...so yes its the HICAS...its like a groaning noise hey?

it may not be a pump but a pair of solinoids pulsing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

old topic but 12 months later and i've found the prob in an idle afternoon. seems to be the fuel check valve between the tank and charcoal can. if you apply vacuum to the fuel tank line where it normally joins to the can, it replicates the noise. no more strange fart$ng noises.

Edited by Scooby