SAU Community

Passenger Window R32

minger

My passenger window for R32 has stopped working.. sort of...

It can be wound down using the passenger and drivers side controls for the passenger window but can only be brought up with the drivers side controls.

when the passsenger side control is used to wind the window up it moves slightly then looks as though it jams but if the drivers one is used it then goes straight up as normal.

Any sugestions????

Thanks in advance

Edited by minger

I had exactly the same problem. One of your contacts is not contacting anymore, makes sense.....

You need to pop out the switch (you can choose to take the whole door trim off if you like, it's less fiddly) and open up the switch area. Be careful to pry it open slowly so you don't lose any parts, which I almost did, and all I did was just bend the metal contact so that it was sure to make contact.

*** Don't bend it too much, because that may mean your motor will be 'on' all the time, and burn out.

Test it out while you still have it out, if it works pop it back in and you're done.

Fixxxer :D

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, i'm with Fixxxer. I had the exact same problem with my R32 GTS-T when I got it. Just pry the switch out of the door trim and open it up. As Fixxxer said, be careful. Keep the switch horizontal to the ground to keep the loose metal contacts from falling out. You can then clean each metal piece and its contact with fine sandpaper, a screwdriver, whatever, and put it back together again.