SAU Community

Nismo Coilovers

R338OY

Here's a picture of the coilovers i have in my R33. They came on it when it was imported so i'm lost as to how they work. The ride is very firm and i wanted to know how to soften it.

(FRONT)

gallery_41505_11_342465.jpg

I also found this little dail under the bonnet. It's numbered 1-4 and i can twist the dail around with a screwdriver. Enlarge the picture and you'll see the black+white dail, it's tiny.

gallery_41505_11_387535.jpg

So are these coilovers adjustable??? Is there a list of things i need to do to adjust them? (never had 'em before)

The rear suspension doesn't have the dails but little knobs that can be turned with a wrench, though it's a little tougher to twist them round.

Any help appreciated :laugh:

Edited by R338OY

They're definitely coilovers.

They are damper adjustable on the front for sure, the 1-4 dial indicates ride stiffness, and alters the valving inside the shock as to how firm or soft the suspension is. 1 will be softest, 4 will be hardest.

I'm unsure about the rears, as you may just be talking about the nut that keeps the coilover assembly together, which doesn't adjust damper or anything. Often the rear coilovers have a little dial in the same place as the front ones, or at the bottom of the shock near where it bolts on.

They're definitely coilovers.

They are damper adjustable on the front for sure, the 1-4 dial indicates ride stiffness, and alters the valving inside the shock as to how firm or soft the suspension is. 1 will be softest, 4 will be hardest.

I'm unsure about the rears, as you may just be talking about the nut that keeps the coilover assembly together, which doesn't adjust damper or anything. Often the rear coilovers have a little dial in the same place as the front ones, or at the bottom of the shock near where it bolts on.

Those are definitely S-Tunes shocks. For the front you need to use a screwdriver then push them down to turn. Make sure they lock into the right number and release till it come up to the top. For the rear, just turn the knob. 1 softest 4 Hardest.