SAU Community

Help!

trust_33

i got fined the other nite for having my number plate on the LHS of the car (33gtst) $240 dollars later i called the transport department and they said that the plate can be anywhere on the front of the car as long as it is viewable from a 45' angle??? is there anyway of getting out of this redulious fine without going to court??

no it is better going to court buddy, just provide documented evidence from the transport company that states that you are allowed to have your plate there. Provide evidence from mitsubishi about the late model evo which has it there....chances are if you provide this evidence..you may not need it, but the judge my look at it and WTF are you wasting my time with this and throw it out.

Best going to court buddy.

You need to take a very scientific approach to beating this fine...

Park your car at a shopping centre right on the white line under the middle of the car, then measure a 45 degre angle from the front of the car in both directions.

Be very accurate, mark the 45 degre line with chalk on the concrete, make sure you take photos of you doing the measuring and the marking.

Then stand back 20 metres or so and take a photo of the front of your car with your camera from both lines.

If you can see the number plate easily in both photos you will win the case easily, if you cannot see it in one of the photos then dont bother going to court, just pay the fine.

Does this make any sence?

Dude was it a state traffic task force officer that fined you? or a normal copper? i had a defect that i thought was stupid/irrelevant/bullshit and i wrote in to the officer in charge @ STTF with all my evidence and everything and he wrote back saying no action was required on my behalf and he would look into it further and get back to me, its now 3 months or so later and i havent heard back from him but i'm sure when/if i hear back he will favour my way, you should do the same

The ONLY way things like this will stop happening is for everyone who cops a bullshit fine/harassment etc to go thru the inconvenience of taking it thru court, turn up well armed & have the facts give the beak no option but to throw it out.

Only then will some sort of precedent be set & hopefully the cowboys within the service will be finally told to back the f**k off & leave us alone when it comes to this sort of petty crap.

There is no doubt that police have their place in the world, but sometimes some of them need to be reminded exactly where that place is........

I really don't see how you can get done for having your plate offset to one side, if it is veiwable under their rules, then its legal.

I work on Alfa Romeo's, with the design of their front ends the factory mounting position for the number plate is offset on the left hand side of the vehicle, there was something back in 98 when the 156 was first released here that they had to change some rule allowing this, not 100% sure on what state of what the rule was, but still we have never had any customer complain of being fined for an offset number plate.

Find out the rules and if you are sweet under then take it futher.

Good luck

i went and saw a transport department officer about it yesterady...he said good luck and told me to try and put it in the middle...f*@kin F#&K F*&Ks...looks like i just gotta pay because of being a minority.

you can pay it if you like, i just got my letter back from the STTF today saying that would drop the charges/fine reguarding a bullshit defect they issued me with, so im proof that you can appeal and win

Edited by burgO.