SAU Community

How Do I Take Out My Rear Speakers?

davib

hey everyone

might sound n00b... but i've been trying to get my rear speakers out for a while

i took the bolt out from the top.. but then i realised the shell was connected to the platform at the back..

does that mean i have to take the rear seats out??????

david

thankyou

I had to fiddle with mine too, cause the speakers were blown when i bought the car. Take as many screws off as you can from the rear tray, entering from inside the boot. It's fiddly but you might be able to loosen a few screws/nuts.

The important bit it getting the parcel tray off as it will reveal the speakers and the screws holding them in. You just pull the back rest of the rear seat toward you, and slide your hands underneath the parcel tray, and you can pop it off. There's two clips toward the centre holding it down.

Hope that helps mate :(

take the rear seats out,

take the child restraints off + the bar thats placed over the speakers @ compliance which holds the child restraints, remove parcell shelf and its a piece of piss from there. Alot of the stock speaker housing are usually britall and broken from 10 years of sunlight and shit so be carefull, if you break it, youl be cutting a new one out of plywood.

+1, you have to take the entire back seat out... getting the bottom part up is going to be the hardest bit... the clips it sits in are a BITCH to work with...

also, my brackets were in great nick :P goes to show that a 10 year old car can be looked after :(

Yep back seat out, although its a bit easier in the 34 coz its bolts not clips to get the bottom of the seat out. child safety restraints off (why on earth to do they put them straight over the speakers anyway.) I have a crappy lookin parcel tray now coz its got a big hole thru each speaker grill.

+1, you have to take the entire back seat out... getting the bottom part up is going to be the hardest bit... the clips it sits in are a BITCH to work with...

also, my brackets were in great nick :D goes to show that a 10 year old car can be looked after ;)

I got the rear speakers out without removing the entire back seat :P It saves labour time if you just pull the back rest out and lean over it. If ur a shortass it might be harder.

Yeah I've done it before too, but to get to the bolts that hold that thing in, its easier if you take the bottom part out... I dont think mine is even bolted in anymore... I got so sick of taking it out all the damn time...

To be safe you should be taking the front seat belt bolt out and rear passenger Handle and popping off the 2 interior panels. especially the one that runs down to a point and meets with the parcel tray.

That part is very weak and snaps easily if you are trying to bend the parcel tray past it. Takes an extra 5 minutes

Some peoples cars do not all have the same parcel shelfs from stock.. mine was from stock so difficulty getting it out can vary.

Edited by steveo_r33

guys, about those shild restraints, we're talking about the three bolt like thingys on the rear parcel shelf right, one through either speaker grill and the thirdin the centre...

do they have to remain there? is it illegal to remove them? i must say that they are pretty un-attractive and i dont plan on havin any kids in there any time soon

Steve

be careful what you say there RusH, i bought my skyline 4 months ago and made a similar comment like "who the hell needs child restraints in a skyline?"

the mrs is now 10 weeks up the duff

karma is a bitch lol

Edited by Fungus Mungus

lol, so i take it that wasn't planned? Im staying firm with the no kids for a while to come, i have so much more to live lol, the gf agrees

but congrats on that, planned or otherwise :blink: hope all goes well.

To be safe you should be taking the front seat belt bolt out and rear passenger Handle and popping off the 2 interior panels. especially the one that runs down to a point and meets with the parcel tray.

That part is very weak and snaps easily if you are trying to bend the parcel tray past it. Takes an extra 5 minutes

Some peoples cars do not all have the same parcel shelfs from stock.. mine was from stock so difficulty getting it out can vary.

yes having no child restraints is a defect on the car. what you can do is remove them and just glue the plastic caps on so it looks legit.

• 2 weeks later...
hmm, ok now for the obvious question, why? i mean i cant for the life of me understand why removing them is cause for a defect?

It's what they call an ADR Australian Design Regulation. It states that all cars must have child restraint points.

The thing is that if you sold your car and the person that bought them had a child or had children and needed to harness a seat in and there is no restraint point i must say you'd be pretty P O'd then you have to go get one installed ...etc etc etc.

So really at the end of the day ... are they annoying enough for you to pull apart your rear parcel shelf to dismantle them... or just forget they are there and enjoy the POWAH of the skyline!!!!

L

It's what they call an ADR Australian Design Regulation. It states that all cars must have child restraint points.

The thing is that if you sold your car and the person that bought them had a child or had children and needed to harness a seat in and there is no restraint point i must say you'd be pretty P O'd then you have to go get one installed ...etc etc etc.

So really at the end of the day ... are they annoying enough for you to pull apart your rear parcel shelf to dismantle them... or just forget they are there and enjoy the POWAH of the skyline!!!!

L

they were annoying me enough to remove them because they were hard up against the speakers. left the middle one in though. that and im keeping all the bits to put back in if i ever sell the car.