SAU Community

Z32 Afm With Standard Ecu?

Promax

Hey Guys. Just got a quick question hopefully someone can help me out with.

Yesterday while I was at work some prick broke into my R33 and stole my power FC! Now this is a bad enough thing to start off with. Normally I could just plug in the standard ecu (as I have not modified injectors, turbo etc) and drive off, the problem being is that when I had the Power FC installed I also installed a Z32 AFM in anticpiation of a bigger turbo, injectors etc. later on down the track.

My question is, can I plug in the standard ECU with the Z32 AFM or am I likely to blow the whole thing up? Is it possible to even run the car like this for a short period of time?

Any help you guys could offer is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

No good dude,

Quickly find a standard AFM and plug/resolder it in or get a Power FC

Hopefully your tuner saves his tunes to PC :P

Trying to think of the scaling but youll be pushing more air than the ECU realises, therefore leaning out

..yeah, think that's right....if it starts that is

Aren't the R33 and Z32 both 80mm?

I thought the only difference was the Z32 had more scope for higher resolution at higher air flow. Therefore, if you're sucking standardish air that is still in the scope of the R33 it should still be OK? Just thinkin out loud since I'm not 100% on the specifics!

will run lean and too advanced timing with z32 and standard ecu...

you would be able to cruise however to limp the car home if you stay off boost as closed loop will compensate some what, but as soon as you go into open loop mapping, will lean out and detonate the motor.

dont run the Z32 with the stock ECU at all.. as mentioned in here in earlier posts, it WILL lean your engine out..

Also, I agree with the theif being someone you know.. otherwise, how on earth would they know you got a PFC installed... (Unless you got APEXi stickers all ova ur car)